AOW course feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
Hope you don't forget all about us simply certified OW/AOW divers. Some tech divers I know has yet to touch the ground again, its gotten thru their heads.

They strictly observe Rule no. 1 - don't dive with unsafe divers, they leave their GFs/wives to the DMs while they all dive together. Great....

my gf is aow and we dive all the time. i mainly got into diving to get into cave diving. thats my 1st love as i am an avid well trained seasond caver (on land that is) seemed like the most logical to combine my new found love for diving and passion for caving.

assuming i dive 100 x a year 90% will be recreational and the other ten tech. im in anilao almost every other week and all these are fun dives. my tech dives will mainly be in gallera every dec-jan. its seasonal:)

clgsamson:
Headline: Man hanged by wife to test poseidon regs. Man dies, poseidon rules. Wife sells poseidon, keeps cash and goes shopping.

tsk tsk

dead diver...happy wife :D

question...

if i were to take AOW diba may different specialty courses yun? what would be the most logical and practical to take (excluding deep adventure & underwater nav adventure of course)?

clgsamson:
Headline: Man hanged by wife to test poseidon regs. Man dies, poseidon rules. Wife sells poseidon, keeps cash and goes shopping.

tsk tsk

thats really funny :)
Headline: Man hanged by wife WITH poseidon regs.

Spoon,

think of it this way. taking the DM route would give you discounts on your dive trips. imagine you can be Free Of Charge (FOC) if you are a dive pro with 4 friends with you on that weekend dive.

Now, you want to do tech diving, with 4 other friends, well how would you like to do it FOC ?

paolov:
Spoon,

think of it this way. taking the DM route would give you discounts on your dive trips. imagine you can be Free Of Charge (FOC) if you are a dive pro with 4 friends with you on that weekend dive.

Now, you want to do tech diving, with 4 other friends, well how would you like to do it FOC ?

actually i dont want to seem stingy or anything but thats the main reason why i am considering taking the dm course. diving is not cheap and being able to dive for free would really lighten the already heavy load.

is this a standard practice of not charging the dm or does the dm dive for free because the other divers chip in and pay for him? how does it work?

jonix:
dead diver...happy wife :D

question...

if i were to take AOW diba may different specialty courses yun? what would be the most logical and practical to take (excluding deep adventure & underwater nav adventure of course)?

there's

Boat (HAHAHHAHAHA as if... )
Night diving
multi-level
Drift
DPV
Wreck
Video
Photography
Fish ID or underwater naturalist (if you are more to be an aquarist)
Search and Recovery
PPB (if you have trouble with air consumption)

seriously you will in your natural course of diving learn this things if it interests you. but iba na yung may AOW, it may lead you to Rescue diver (makes you a safer diver) seriously the most tiring and challenging of all is the Rescue.

though not really required, i did my 1 mile swim, THAT WAS FUN!!!! TOTAL CALORIE BURN !!! but very demanding!!!!

Spoon:
actually i dont want to seem stingy or anything but thats the main reason why i am considering taking the dm course. diving is not cheap and being able to dive for free would really lighten the already heavy load.

is this a standard practice of not charging the dm or does the dm dive for free because the other divers chip in and pay for him? how does it work?

it depends from resort to resort. that's why its best you have your suki resort.

generally if a DM brings in 4 other full paying you are FOC or others even give you commission. The other divers if resort based, does not pay for you , DM is really free in some resorts.

What's best is yo don't need to pay DM fee for a DM to go with your group. that in itself makes it even more fun, YOU GET PAID. :)

take your DM first then maybe your tech courses may even be discounted :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom