AOW diver needs new regulator advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Sharks

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was hoping for some good advice on a regulator system that I plan on buying in the nexy week or so. A little about my style of diving: strictly recreational, will never go tech. Cold water (california coast) with a rare trip to warm water every now and then. I'd like to keep it under $500. I've looked at the Zeagle 50D, Aqualung Legend LX, plus everyone here seems to be stuck on Apex. Any help you guys can give a fellow diver would be greatly appreciated.

Go Sharks (there's always next year)

Safe diving to all.

Ok - I'll be the first to get on the Apeks band wagon (I am a new diver and have been very happy with mine). I got the TX50/DS4 and TX40 Octo from DiveInn.com (Spain) last fall for $319. I forget what delivery was - but it wasn't too much and I had my order in 4 days.

I have the apeks but I am learning the tech end so I went that route. You probably won't go wrong with any of the regs that are out there, as long as you pick a mainstream company and a mainstream reg. Don't forget that you will need to get it serviced annually and that it should be supported by your fav LDS!

Having said all of that - have you considered a Sherwood Blizzard? Very popular up here in Ontario as a rec reg and not expensive.

"Why not ScubaPro?"

sp is fine, but generally more $$ than apeks for the same quality.

Look scubapro is great and so is Apek.

But for what you are looking for i'd try the seaaira Trimetal

it got top marks from scubalab, and its around $300.00
Check with diversdiscount.com or scubalab at scubadiver.com

you wont be sorry.

I have an apeks ATX100 and TX100. They are very reasonable from leisurepro.com or diveinn.com. I would suggest a tx50 with tx40 backup for you.
Lloyd

I went with an Apeks DS4 primary and two ATX50 secondary from my LDS who was only $100 more on the setup vs. mail order.

- JT

:mean:

I believe in SCUBAPRO, I also just purchased the mk25 first stage and the 600 second stage and just love it. It to me is no different than me sitting here at this computer breathing air. I have never heard of any problems with this set up and would and do trust my life with it.

Rich :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom