Apeks TX50 internals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jherny

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello gang, i have a set of apeks TX50s and was wondering if much has changed internally in comparison to the XTX50 or even the XTX200? worth upgrading?

thank you for your time and input

Well, I don't know much concerning the differences of the innards of these 2nd stages, but I've been using a Tx 50, an XTX 50, and an APX 40 for more or less 10 years, on a regular basis and I must say I can't see much differences underwater. So, I'm not so sure if an upgrade is needed.

Well, I don't know much concerning the differences of the innards of these 2nd stages, but I've been using a Tx 50, an XTX 50, and an APX 40 for more or less 10 years, on a regular basis and I must say I can't see much differences underwater. So, I'm not so sure if an upgrade is needed.
That’s good to hear. Thanks for your input. I love my TX50s they’re just a little bulky but nothing I can’t deal with

Hello gang, i have a set of apeks TX50s and was wondering if much has changed internally in comparison to the XTX50 or even the XTX200? worth upgrading?

There is no need to upgrade, the service kits are the same. I suppose I have over ten seconds of scubapro and Apeks. Tx50 I bough in 2005 and I still use them. There is one at my sidemount kit and one at my gue jj ccr. I never had an issue with my tx50 second stages.

There is no need to upgrade, the service kits are the same. I suppose I have over ten seconds of scubapro and Apeks. Tx50 I bough in 2005 and I still use them. There is one at my sidemount kit and one at my gue jj ccr. I never had an issue with my tx50 second stages.
Thanks for the input! I’ll keep servicing mine and diving them as long as I can. They’re like tanks, pretty indestructible.

The inhale and exhale diaphragms changed with the xtx. Same size, they just went to a silicone diaphram with a rigid black plastic disc instead of the old gray one with the white bonded disc.
The old style tended to warp. They are the same size and you can use the new style in your tx50. Outside of that, I don't believe there were any functional changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom