Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Quick Question. Want to buy a longer hose (* primary reg *) for my Apeks ATX200. Is it a 1/2 or 3/8 inch?

Thanks,

Daniel

I'd buy the 1/2", but keep in mind that you can buy a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter to make "standard" hoses fit. If you find yourself traveling a lot, a 3/8" can be easier to find if you blow a hose.

if i'm not wrong, its not that easy finding a 1/2 inch hose. using the adapter works but as the DIR folks say, this is one more failure point (not that big a deal in my opinion). most people i know who have these regs plug up the 1/2 inch port and use the 3/8 inch ones. routing may get a bit weird but it makes it easier to find parts. if you have no problems obtaining 1/2 inch hoses, then ignore this post. :p

If you are going to use the other ports, what's harder to find a 1/2" hose or a 1/2" port plug? HA HA HA j/k

are you diving doubles or a single ? on my "tropical" single tank long hose set up I use the 3/8" octo port for my long hose primary. and the 1/2" port for my 22" hose backup .. I also keep a couple of adaptors in my tool box just in case I'd need to get a 3/8" 22" hose when I'm out on vacation..

rescuediver009:
If you are going to use the other ports, what's harder to find a 1/2" hose or a 1/2" port plug? HA HA HA j/k

yup! you got me there. that's why i went with a DS4! the logic here is that it is hard to find a 1/2" port plug but once you do, these things don't fail on you as often as hoses do.

apeks 1/2" port plug.. --- easy to find on ebay... abysmal.com has all kinds of 1/2" hoses, inexpensive. they are closed at the moment though as they're moving...

Hello,
I think I am going to buy the 1/2 hose, but keep in spare the adapter.

Thanks again,

Daniel

tomcat:
if i'm not wrong, its not that easy finding a 1/2 inch hose. using the adapter works but as the DIR folks say, this is one more failure point (not that big a deal in my opinion). most people i know who have these regs plug up the 1/2 inch port and use the 3/8 inch ones. routing may get a bit weird but it makes it easier to find parts. if you have no problems obtaining 1/2 inch hoses, then ignore this post. :p

I'm not yet DIR-trained, but when I took my ATX200 to Extreme Exposure to buy my first long-hose, they recommended throwing on the adaptor & using a 3/8" hose.

jim

Back
Top Bottom