Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!:
I'm not yet DIR-trained, but when I took my ATX200 to Extreme Exposure to buy my first long-hose, they recommended throwing on the adaptor & using a 3/8" hose.

jim

!!! we must report this to the collective at once! rogue agents have been placed in positions of authority and are attempting to usurp the fundamental philosophies we have worked so hard to build!

like i said. don't think this is a big deal. only irritating thing is to require two wrenches instead of one when you are trying to unscrew the hose (the adapter tends to get stuck to the hose).

Tomcat,

out of curiousity, what do u use as the second stage on your DS4? How much do the regs go for in your neck of the woods?

tomcat:
!!! we must report this to the collective at once! rogue agents have been placed in positions of authority and are attempting to usurp the fundamental philosophies we have worked so hard to build!

like i said. don't think this is a big deal. only irritating thing is to require two wrenches instead of one when you are trying to unscrew the hose (the adapter tends to get stuck to the hose).

Just to remind people who dive in warm water.....

Although the best option, when faced with a 1/2 inch port, would be to plug it, remember that cold water divers (if in a dry suit) require all 4 LP ports (dry suit inflator, BCD inflator, and 2 second stages). In that case the best option is the 3/8 converter...Don't get a 1/2 hose, standardization of hoses is a great way to go.

As for me I have a DS4 (all LP ports are 3/8), so I don't have that problem.

Dave

tomcat:

Yerba Mate:
Just to remind people who dive in warm water.....

Although the best option, when faced with a 1/2 inch port, would be to plug it, remember that cold water divers (if in a dry suit) require all 4 LP ports (dry suit inflator, BCD inflator, and 2 second stages). In that case the best option is the 3/8 converter...Don't get a 1/2 hose, standardization of hoses is a great way to go.

As for me I have a DS4 (all LP ports are 3/8), so I don't have that problem.

Dave

I have to ask what is the consensus about getting an h-valve to make everything easier: Hose routing, redundancy, safety, etc. Speaking from a dry diving perspective, I found that this works best.

GeronimoDF:
Hey Guys,
Quick Question. Want to buy a longer hose (* primary reg *) for my Apeks ATX200. Is it a 1/2 or 3/8 inch?

Thanks,

Daniel

Get 3/8" long hose for primary and use 1/2" hose (that originally came with reg) for bungied backup. That leaves you 2 standard 3/8" LP ports (for BC and possibly dry suit). And get yourself 1/2" port cap if you plan to use two 1st stages when you move backup to left post 1st stage.

u5agi:
Tomcat,

out of curiousity, what do u use as the second stage on your DS4? How much do the regs go for in your neck of the woods?

i'm using a tx50. DS4 was about US$150 and so was the tx50. how about your part of town? any cheaper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom