Apo Reef in Sept.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of good tips here regarding dive spots in the philippines, just read back a couple of pages. As for diving in Indonesia and Thailand, well, I've been diving in Phuket once so i wouldn't exactly call myself an expert :wink:. I think the philippines is a very special place and has some of the best and cheapest diving around (plus my inlaws live in Batangas :wink: ) so I tend to spend most of my time there.

Good luck with your trip!

I was in Apo Island - that's between Cebu and Negros Island. Cheap cheap cheap... have the locals do the cooking and you'd even save more. Coral and marine are absolutely fantastic. Viz was great - but that was in April of this year. Looking forward to more. Amanpulo would be my next best bet.

Waterfly:
I was in Apo Island - that's between Cebu and Negros Island. Cheap cheap cheap... have the locals do the cooking and you'd even save more. Coral and marine are absolutely fantastic. Viz was great - but that was in April of this year. Looking forward to more. Amanpulo would be my next best bet.
Apo - Island is not Apo Reef! Please don't mix up this 2 different destinations. There is a lot of good info about Apo-Island here on this board already.

piet2do:
Apo - Island is not Apo Reef! Please don't mix up this 2 different destinations. There is a lot of good info about Apo-Island here on this board already.

apo island is 1 hour away apo reef. some people use this as a base point to apo reef if they dont do liveaboards. but you are right they are two deifferent destinations.

Sorry mate - but that guy was talking about the Apo-Island off Dumaguete - a different world!
The Island you are talking is still Apo-Reef with no accomodation (as far as I know - pls correct me..)

..why the f@~* they use "apo" for all of these...

clgsamson:
yup you're right with the no-accommodation thingy. Nearest is Pandan Island Dive resort. Apo? We even have a Mount Apo!

yup yup! pandan island is the island jump off to apo reef. some people call this apo island but its not the real apo island. they mainly use this term apo island bec many confuse pandan with apo because of its relative proximity to apo reef which is the real attraction

Spoon:
yup yup! pandan island is the island jump off to apo reef. some people call this apo island but its not the real apo island. they mainly use this term apo island bec many confuse pandan with apo because of its relative proximity to apo reef which is the real attraction

Just a clarification, that yes, Pandan is by the Apo Reef, Mindoro; whereas Apo Island is in the Visayas - an Island nestled between Cebu and Negros Oriental. Geographically apart. I skipped the Apo Reef, but been to Apo Island. Apparently, Pandan Island/Apo Reef was the no. 1 dive spot until Tubbataha was discovered. So, I do understand where the Apos got mixed up - good advertising for either one.

Back
Top Bottom