AQUALUNG and LEISUREPRO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not overly familiar with HOG other than they are made in China. I don't buy Chinese stuff, period, most of it is junk. I do however know ALOT of tech divers and NONE will use hog. It's kinda funny because for so long I have listened to people complain and want the cheapest crap they can buy, guess what, a lot of them are complaining now because they are unemployed. Been outsourced, now they can't buy anything but hey china appreciates the jobs. I buy stuff made in USA, Canada, Europe, where there is quality control and pay descent wages but, this is extremely important, they put out a QUALITY product.

Just as food for thought, when I lived in Europe (over 10yrs) noone wanted to buy Made in the USA because it was crap. And the stuff we saw the Europeans consume that was imported from the US was flat out crap. We didn't even buy it. I half suspect that the stuff each country exports is in someway not as good as it makes for its own people. I'm just musing here, but with some 1.3B people in China, one has to think that they probably make good products for their own people and bilk the capitalists with as much crap as they can get away with...Now if there was a way to know you're getting their mainland goods, would you re-consider your anti-Chinese stance?

No because a very good friend of mine lived in China for a few years and even he says their stuff is junk. Not trying to say that all USA stuff is great because it is not. To go back just a second. My last dive trip there was a guy who is notorious for going to dive shops to try stuff out and then shops online for the cheapest price. I know this, one I know who he is and two he brags about it. He bought some expensive stuff online and when we were on vacation he had problems with it and didn't really know how to use it. Not only did the LDS owner gratiously fix it with spare parts he had but gave him a class on how to use it. I would not have but that's probably why I'm not a business owner. After we drive every LDS out of business who will provide these services? I'm not saying let everyone gouge us but isn't their service and expertise worth something? Is to me!

I'm not overly familiar with HOG other than they are made in China. I don't buy Chinese stuff, period, most of it is junk. I do however know ALOT of tech divers and NONE will use hog. It's kinda funny because for so long I have listened to people complain and want the cheapest crap they can buy, guess what, a lot of them are complaining now because they are unemployed. Been outsourced, now they can't buy anything but hey china appreciates the jobs. I buy stuff made in USA, Canada, Europe, where there is quality control and pay descent wages but, this is extremely important, they put out a QUALITY product.

Really? Own any iThingies? Do you really know the provenance of everything you buy?

If USA, Canada, & Europe are where you have to go for quality control, explain Toyota? Samsung?

Pure nonsense. Buy whatever products you want for whatever reasons you want, but at least ATTEMPT to be intellectually honest about it.

Really?
If USA, Canada, & Europe are where you have to go for quality control, explain Toyota? Samsung?

I know world geography isn't a strong thing in the US but I didn't know it is also the same in Canada, Toyota and Samsung ain't Chinese my friend. The former is Japanese and the latter is South Korean and neither have anything to do with China except that China has a lot of copy cat (ToyoAuto, Toyato, etc.). Their people may look or sound the same to you but they aren't the same at all, truest me on this.

I know world geography isn't a strong thing in the US but I didn't know it is also the same in Canada, Toyota and Samsung ain't Chinese my friend. The former is Japanese and the latter is South Korean and neither have anything to do with China except that China has a lot of copy cat (ToyoAuto, Toyato, etc.). Their people may look or sound the same to you but they aren't the same at all, truest me on this.

Well, you need to go find out where your Samsung phone, Apple iPhone .. are actually being manufactured. In fact, most if not all mobile devices, computer hardwares, are manufactured in China. The very new bridge in San Franscisco Bay Area, the bay bridge is manufactured in China and assembled by a Chinese company.

From the so call first world countries, people are complaining about how they lose job to countries like China and India, people complain how these manufacturing countries are not producing high quality goods. At the same time, they are taking advantage the low cost labor of these counties. So people need to put the money where their mouth is, if you complain Chinese made product, you should stop using them. But be prepare to paid $3000 for an average computer, or $600 for an iPhone with 2 year contract tho.

---------- Post added January 5th, 2014 at 04:29 AM ----------

... I don't buy Chinese stuff, period, most of it is junk. ...

Are you sure?? Do you use a cellular phone? a tablet? a laptop or desktop computer? Do you ever shop at Target, Walmart, or even Costco? If you even take a close look, I bet you will find things that is made is US or Europe or Canada come few and far in between. If you stop touching anything that is made in China, you will have extreme hard time lasting a week. Don't forget, quite some food supply come from China too

Decent wages in US? Take a look at a documentary on how Amazon run their warehouse in holiday season. You will re-think the term sweat shop.

Well, you need to go find out where your Samsung phone, Apple iPhone .. are actually being manufactured. In fact, most if not all mobile devices, computer hardwares, are manufactured in China. The very new bridge in San Franscisco Bay Area, the bay bridge is manufactured in China and assembled by a Chinese company.

I checked when I bought my Samsung phone and just confirmed now, it is made in Korea!!!!! (South Korea, the not communist one).

And BTW, I buy American first and EU second as much as I can ESPECIALLY when dealing with life-support equipment. I certainly don't buy knock off rubbish.

You know nothing about sweat shop or total destruction of the environment or the true meaning of a totalitarian corrupt regime until you go outside the tourist areas in China. China is the true evil empire. Those that glorify and love Chine, you need to spend a month in the rural areas in China before you open your mouth. And while you are at it, take a dip in their rivers.

Reading comprehension fail. Did I say Toyota / Samsung were Chinese? No.

Poster said you have to go to USA, Canada, Europe for quality products and decent wages. Two examples are given of quality leaders in countries that pay decent wages outside those regions.

There was more than one element to the post I responded to. I am sorry if that nuance was lost on you.

Reading comprehension fail. Did I say Toyota / Samsung were Chinese? No.

Poster said you have to go to USA, Canada, Europe for quality products and decent wages. Two examples are given of quality leaders in countries that pay decent wages outside those regions.

There was more than one element to the post I responded to. I am sorry if that nuance was lost on you.

We are discussing China if you have bothered reading. Perhaps we need to write in French for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom