Aquaria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure if this is the right area to post this but, here are the questions anyway...

Are there any aquarists or marine life collectors on the list that have used quinaldine to capture fish? If so, have you noticed any affects on the surrounding coral or rock where you've used it?

Thanks in advance...

Quinaldine or quinaldine sulfate?

Not like it matters... I've only heard anecdotal reports about either harming invertebrates. I don't think it's well researched. I think that fellow Jaap has a paper on it somewhere.

archman:
Quinaldine or quinaldine sulfate?

Not like it matters... I've only heard anecdotal reports about either harming invertebrates. I don't think it's well researched. I think that fellow Jaap has a paper on it somewhere.

I think you're right...it hasn't been well researched. The Jaap/Wheaton paper is from the late 70s. I was hoping to hear something more recent. Thanks though. :)

Back
Top Bottom