Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, the EPCOT DiveQuest closed the week I was there due to "safety issues" (real bummer for me), and was not going to reopen until this week.

Also, they DO allow for you to bring your own mask, but that is all.

I know the Denver Aquarium does guest dives. And the interesting thing is that you can also get your altitude certification while diving the aquarium. If that is something of interest to you.
Can actually do quite a few certifications at the Denver Aquarium as well as the first two of the four OW dives required for certification (getting you the "scuba diver" certification). PPB, drysuit, altitude, underwater naturalist, etc., as well as scuba reviews and discover scubas. Coolest would probably be underwater photography, though, for obvious reasons =)

Volunteer at your local aquarium, its gonna be a lot of hard work i.e. cleaning, feeding, and getting the dead ones. I know at the SFBay Aquarium they are always short handed and it is 6 months of volunteer work, but free dives and a lot of great experience.

Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta has an incredible tank for diving, whale sharks, manta rays, all kinds of other amazing fish, but I asked the price... it was like $350 for a 20 minute dive. That's insane. Beautiful aquarium though, blew me away.

Just an FYI. WDW scrubbed my Epcot Dive Quest dive scheduled for 11/19/2011- still having "safety issues" I was told. The agent said they were scheduled to resume dives on 11/22 (one day after we leave of course...), but he also said the powers-that-be had said previously that they would resume dives earlier in October, 1st part of November, etc.

Bummer.

Doing the GA aquarium on New Years.... Should be fun!

I did two dives in the aquarium at Mall of America in Bloomington, MN a few years ago (it's had three different names - now it's SeaLife Aquarium). It was a great experience. We did one dive in the tank that represents Minnesota freshwater, and another in the large salt water tank. We got to bring our own equipment, received an interesting behind-the-scenes tour, and it was fun to be able to interact with non-diving family members. It was a Saturday in December, so one of the highlights was diving with Santa Claus. He was diving that day to interact with all the kids going through the aquarium; it was fun to take underwater pictures with Santa.

It was around $175, which I see is quite a bit less than others. It's obviously not cheap, but a person can't book a dive trip out of Minnesota for $175, so was great for a do-it-once opportunity to dive on a cold Saturday in December!

The Disney aquarium in Epcot is 150$ per person, one tank.
Lasts a minimum of 4 hours.

They give you a backstage tour, a safety check that you know your stuff. Padi OW minimum cert.

Bonus, you get to interact with the guests on the other side of the glass.

Minus, you *cannot* use your own gear, not even your own mask.

The experience is 4 hours dive is 30-40 minutes

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

I have never seen a definitive list of all of them but here are some that I know of:

Walt Disney World Epcot the Sea, FL; Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, GA; National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD; Downtown Aquarium Denver, CO; and the Mall of America Aquarium in MN.

Back
Top Bottom