Are the bull sharks around in Playa ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're gone. I actually chummed for some a couple weeks ago, which I never do...and nothing. I think you could see them but you would have to go deep...like really deep. The last footage I was able to get of them was Feb. 18th.

:depressed:

:D But I'm still looking forward to diving with you! :yeahbaby:

They're gone. I actually chummed for some a couple weeks ago, which I never do...and nothing. I think you could see them but you would have to go deep...like really deep. The last footage I was able to get of them was Feb. 18th.

Does this mean they will be gone until November? I will be in Cancun mid April. Thanks.

Does this mean they will be gone until November? I will be in Cancun mid April. Thanks.

Thats right...they'll return at the end of November.

The last bull sharks we saw were the very end of Feb like Jason, just two showed up actually...
The season was cut short mostly because of the big boats pumping sand on the beaches so we´ll have to wait til mid Nov now.
I got very lucky last week in Cancun and ran across a 10ft Hammerhead, a wonderful animal and a real suprise to see and very soon the whale sharks will be rolling into town, discounted rates for scubaboarders!!!

The last bull sharks we saw were the very end of Feb like Jason, just two showed up actually...
The season was cut short mostly because of the big boats pumping sand on the beaches so we´ll have to wait til mid Nov now.
I got very lucky last week in Cancun and ran across a 10ft Hammerhead, a wonderful animal and a real suprise to see and very soon the whale sharks will be rolling into town, discounted rates for scubaboarders!!!

Thanks for the information Ben, Alicia and myself are heading to Sian kaan for a few days next week hence the question . Did you receive our email about the July 3rd departure from Ensenada ?? It is not often that you see hammers in the Cancun area such as we do in the Revillagigedos, must have been a great experience. Was it a scalloped??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom