Are there any Andrea Doria dreamers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Tavi
... I'm a newbie with 51 logged dives and I'm 45 years old...

39 years old and just over 30 dives so don't count me out :eek:ut:

Still dreaming, I'd like to see her and the Empress of Ireland before they rust away.....

Originally posted by Rick L
Hi divinggal did you like that site?
You have to respect the diving that women is doing i do anyways!!! The dorea is just the cream!!
lots of other great wrecks there!!!! Rick L

Always like looking at pics from other divers. Dorea is a wee bit too deep for my liking - but I admire folks who do diving like that. I also think they're a wee bit crazy.

I've got an invite to the Empress of Ireland, but I have a lot of training to do, before I'm willing to say yes.

Where is the Empress of Ireland?

Got any website links?

Thanks.

The Empress is up our way --- Back in 1914, she was involved with a collision with a Norwegian vessel (Storstad) and sank in the St Lawrence River near Sainte-Luce-Sur-Mer, Quebec.

It is a deep (approx 130ft), cold dive (below 40F). Much of the decking has now collapsed and the dive is considered very advanced.

Links:
Empress #1
Empress #2
Empress #3 (this one lists dive skill requirements from one group that goes there)
Empress #4

there are lots more sites... those are just a few I've looked at in the last while

I find wrecks like this really interesting,

Thank You for the links!

I'd like to train towards that kind of diving.

I find wrecks like this really interesting,

Thank You for the links!

I'd like to train towards that kind of diving.

Tavi -- tell you what, the guys that invited me along will soon be presenting me my "training must dos" --- and the "you must be able to" lists to me soon. When they do I'll pass them along.

I can only hope no push-ups and running... hehehe

Read the book " Deep Descent ", it details the history and dives, and deaths on the Doria. The fact that this wreck site has decayed and not the dive it once was is what put me off, not the depth or diffuculty. I do not have the experience to dive this wreck, but I do intend to take the new tech course offered by PADI.

Originally posted by hawgfish
but I do intend to take the new tech course offered by PADI.
When you take the course, let us know what you thought of it. And be as detailed as you can.

I'm starting to take the tech courses that TDI offers. It would be intersting to hear about the PADI view of the tek world from someone who takes their course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom