Are there idiots on every dive boat?

Are idiots on every boat?

• Yes

Votes: 160 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 141 46.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Well, the generalization that every boat has an idiot can be proved wrong by a single counterexample, and I have several . . . But yesterday's boat was the antithesis. Not only no idiots, but I was the worst diver on the boat. Wonderful people, warm and friendly and helpful and superbly competent in the water. There were about fifteen divers on the boat (which was superbly captained and crewed as well) and this was one charter experience without a false note in it anywhere.

It can happen, particularly if you pick your boats.
Were you by any chance diving with this outfit, T??
http://www.deepseacruise.com/

Every boat I've been on has had an idiot. Wait a second, I'm not sure I like the one common denominator here.

My favorite was the guy who pushed the fully dressed dive master/boat owner off the dock at the beginning of the dive for a lark. His mother/dive buddy thought it was hilarious.

I'll tell you guys about my "idiot"......:11:

My wife and I were diving out of Key Largo, the charter was going to a wreck with a depth of 100 feet. One of the rules was that you must have a computor, after the dive this "diver" was asking everybody if they could read his computor for him...:confused: .

Remember, the rule was you must have a computor, NOT you must know how to use the computor.....:shakehead .

This is why I sit very quiet at the end of the boat, to many people scare me.......

There is always at least one idiot on every dive boat that I am on. It really bugs me when my village keeps calling me to make sure that I'm comng back after the dive.

dmmike:
I'll tell you guys about my "idiot"......:11:

My wife and I were diving out of Key Largo, the charter was going to a wreck with a depth of 100 feet. One of the rules was that you must have a computor, after the dive this "diver" was asking everybody if they could read his computor for him...:confused: .

Remember, the rule was you must have a computor, NOT you must know how to use the computor.....:shakehead .

This is why I sit very quiet at the end of the boat, to many people scare me.......
Hilarious:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

No, Doc. I was in Monterey, diving off the Escapade with a whole bunch of the 5thD-X divers -- Utterly delightful people, and extraordinarily well-trained divers. We had three days of pure underwater joy, capped by two fabulous and spectacularly beautiful dives on rocky pinnacles off Carmel. It doesn't get any better than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom