Are Tusa computers so bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about to buy a computer and was considering buying a TUSA one (probably 750) as my fellow is a local dealer of Tusa. When checking the prices on leisurepro, I noticed that TUSA's are relatively cheap (750 - $400 and 900 - $240).
Are they so bad?
don't understand the question "are they so bad." Have you specifically heard something bar or just thinking they might be bad because they're inexpensive compared to some others? If so, realize this is a pretty typical price range for base model computers these days and they work just fine. Spend $600 more and you'll get more features but they're not always features you want or care about.

I really liked my DC sapience. It was super easy to use and even easier to read - helpful for us older buggers. Eventually though I sort of felt that I out-grew it. Began looking at models with compass features, air integration etc. I sold it, but regret it now. It would still be a great back up.

love my dc sapience...still.....
draw back as was mentioned-low bat.wont go into dive mode...
and beeps(i didnt hear but buddy was annoyed)
had one flood
tusa replaced no questions
will be in the st. lawrence river tomorrow with it
have fun
yaeg

Back
Top Bottom