Are you a stroke?

Are you a stroke?

• Yes, I am a stroke

Votes: 93 79.5%
  • No, I am not a stroke

Votes: 24 20.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did this post even have a point?

Not really...just declaring my strokedom.

How is telling me to lighten up any different than me calling you a stroke?

If it's not fair for me to judge you, it's not fair for you to judge me. Let us be as we will.

- Warren

Considering it took me 3 pages of threads to figure out what a stroke is....Oh Yeah. I am certainly a stroke!

I'm a very careful stroke. I just don't have the pocket book of the dir'ers so till i do i will carefully continue to dive as i have for the last nine years.

Are there any instructors on here that are not from GUE ?

Guess what ? We are all strokes ! We are in violation of "Rule Number One" right off the start.

Convoluted riggs ? Probably look like a xmas tree don't you ?

It is possible to wear DIR gear , but where have the students been told to grab the alternate air source ?

Bet you dive air ? Bet you think HE is the Devils Gas ? (I have actually started to use mix while doing deep dive certs)

DIR is a great system , no dought about it. Is it for the masses ? It should be , but never will. Too many smokers , drinkers and burger eaters ! ( yep , I have one of those vices)

For those of you who have dir set ups , how does it feel to have someone look at your gear and tell you -" OH , that's an old one !"
When you have dropped more money on your rig than the guys brand new Zeagle ? :)

I would love to DIR , have the gear, but I just can't find anybody else around here to agree on the system and how it works. It seems to me that the common agency instructors (PADI, NAUI,ACUC etc) are more closed minded about the dir system than the dir people are of ours.

Zeagles and nitrox to 130 is tech diving , I guess ? :)

Seems to me that when I started diving some 22 years ago the dir system was in place then.

Think about it.

Ron

sorry, can't help shouting. I have a friend who is GUE DIR trained. Slowly, we are bringing him over to the "dark side". He is even using a jon line!

Robert:doctor:

Back
Top Bottom