Are you a stroke?

Are you a stroke?

• Yes, I am a stroke

Votes: 93 79.5%
  • No, I am not a stroke

Votes: 24 20.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

". . . A stroke is driven by fear, ego, and self-concern." - George Irvine

Make what you wish of that.

$.02

This must be the funniest link we have EVER seen. Thanks for the laughs...Still laughing...

How many of us are actually cyber strokes, cyber diving with a bad attitude and less than optimal equipment configuration, never actually risking the lives of our fellow divers? And how many dangerous dives, versus dangerous dive related posts, are required before we can become a real stroke?

:jester: Mike

Obviously this is something that is on the minds of many people. Are you a stroke or not? Are you DIR or not? Are you thinking too much or not? Fear not, as all of these questions can soon be answered.

Many will tell you to read "Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving" by Jarrod Jablonski of the GUE. But that book is big, has many big words and doesn't have enough photos of George Irvine when he's relaxing and taking it easy.

That's why I'm soon releasing my new book, "DIR for Dummies!". Yes, now you strokes can learn all the terminology and gear configurations that will let you in to the exclusive DIR club. Babes and speedo afficionados will flock to you, your former stroker buddies will stop pestering you and most notably, you'll be able to ask men and women if they want to breath from your long hose!

Are you already DIR and finding that others are being very hostile to you?

Well that's because the strokes don't believe you really are DIR. For them ASS = DIR. Three letters .... see the similarity? If you're nice, they assume that you're just a DIR wannabe and no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince them otherwise.

For you I'm releasing a different book entitled, "Learning to Speak Stroke in 3 Easy Steps." Here's an excerpt:
  1. Close ears, most strokes find they retain more heat by preventing that cold breeze between the ears.
  2. Cut a wood chip and place it firmly on the shoulder.
  3. Start talking and don't stop unless you've run out of air. In that event, breathe and then begin speaking again.
    [/list=1]

Each book bought separately will cost you $450 from your local dive shop. But we're selling them together on the internet for $0.15, however, you will not have the manufacturers warranty.

I'm not a stroke, and I'm not DIR. I'm always learning to how to be safer in the water and enjoying this great sport.

Have fun, get wet, get naked. Pick any order.
    :bounce:

I'll say this as a new diver still cutting his teeth. I've taken friendly shots at the DIR people, only because some come off as arrogant. However, the little that I know about DIR has made me VERY curious.

The general philosophy and approach seems admirable, including a complete emphasis on safety, and, if what I have heard is correct, a desire to be in the best physical and mental shape possible. I just happen to believe, from what I have seen so far, that you can use a vest BDC, for example, and be as safe as the DIR guy.

However, given my own desire to be as safe as possible, I will try DIR, and it will be in the very near future (assuming I can get one of those possessive bastards to let me touch his equipment!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom