Armadillo capacity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe not, but by asking around I now have someone willing to loan me one to try for myself.

Funny how you had to strip all the BS off the transpac, that's why I sold mine.

Thats the best way to find out...

Everyone has their own buoyancy characteristics in the water... It "may" work with all the He you plan on using, but I never like diving at the edge of the lift limit for my gear... Esp in a drysuit... You'd be surprised how negative one becomes when the suit floods...

Maybe not, but by asking around I now have someone willing to loan me one to try for myself.

Funny how you had to strip all the BS off the transpac, that's why I sold mine.
The extra crap on the Nomad makes sense if you want to use it for the full range of dives the Nomad was designed to do. But, for example, since I don't do back mount dives with it, there is zero need for the back pad and it adds extra bulk that is not needed or desired for a sidemount dive.

So stripping the extra stuff off optimized it for the dives I do with it and it was an easy mod to make.

It's true that another alternative would have been to buy an Armadillo as it started with less bulk and was optimized for tighter spaces. However it was apparent that adding more lift to it was going to be a lot more difficult than stripping the pads and extra D-rings off a Nomad - and without the added lift it was not going to be optimium for many of the dives I do with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom