Arte et Marte par NACD Servitum Nulli Secundus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it's part of the clarity, making it impossible to read unless you have an account on CDF.

The 42 pages are available on Facebook, CDF, and SB. I'm not sure about the website. They are fighting over it.

Damn, as someone that is working in the direction of getting Cavern, Intro and finally Cave certified, I would NEVER have anything to do with this kind of tom foolery ********. I am glad to see all of this come to light as I could have been swayed to take a NACD certification. This is WELL beyond how grown folk should behave or interact. I thought being president of my HOA was a pain in the butt.

It's really not about the certification agency, it's about the instructor that issued the card.

I got you Ken and I understand it is all about the instructor. But if you have an instructor that offers, PADI, TDI and NACD for your Cavern course and you decide "Yhea, I will go ahead and go with NACD" then a few years later your cert is blah..

I wouldn't worry about that. I have a couple of cards that were issued by the YMCA. The cards would be accepted anywhere even though the Y hasn't issued a certification in 8 years.

Who would have ever thought that a PADI cert would be more attractive than an NACD cert for Cavern?

:ijs:

That's an interesting thought. IMNSHO, each student trying to advance beyond cavern should be evaluated individually. Some PADI Cavern divers may be well prepared to move on to Intro. Others, may not be.

That was kind of my point, so thanks for clarifying it. Luckily, I remembered my old password, but it has to be a PITA for those who don't have an account. In addition, their moderation process is far different from ours. We allow a lot more latitude in regards to discussions and won't shut them down unless it gets REALLY ugly.
The CDF threads have been heavily moderated and don't always convey the true feelings of the NACD membership.

The CDF threads have been heavily moderated and don't always convey the true feelings of the NACD membership.

Uh, huh, just because you aren't allowed to snark at will? :p

It's really not about the certification agency, it's about the instructor that issued the card.

I got you Ken and I understand it is all about the instructor. But if you have an instructor that offers, PADI, TDI and NACD for your Cavern course and you decide "Yhea, I will go ahead and go with NACD" then a few years later your cert is blah..

Has anyone contacted Larry Green, since he has the machine? I heard through the grapevine that someone got a new card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom