Aruba-Dive Operators-Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReedFamily

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My family is going to Aruba in mid-July.
We are staying at the Westin hotel.
We are looking for a diving operator-with nice equipment & boat and small groups
I have noticed three front runners: Clive & JADS & Unique Sports(Pelican Adventures)

Please review and rating for each Clive & Jads & Unique Sports (rank these if you have been on two or all of them)

Also please recommend your top dive sites for aruba & any other activities that are a must do in aruba.

Thankyou

Dive with Clive if your very comfortable with your skills. He doesn't baby sit you.
Favorite sites were the Antilla, Jane Sea and Sonesta Airplanes.

Good sites are Baby Beach Reef, Santana di Cacho (Pet Cemetery) when the current is favorable, Rocky Beach, Jane Sea and the reefs around Jane Sea are great for drift diving.
If you are very experienced in shorediving and in good diving shape, Cabez Reef might be an option. There are 2 clips on youtube from Cabez Reef. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I have been meaning to post this for over a year. My wife and I dove with Clive - and it was a WONDERFUL experience. He let's you do your dive, your way. He is the captain, mate and crew. He starts the dive with you, and climbs back on board, then picks you up. It is a real diving experience. I am a divemaster, and my wife is an intermediate diver and we had a great time.
I apologize to Clive it took me this long to post.

Jason - Indianapolis

My husband and I dove with Unique Sports in March 2008. It was convenient because we stayed at the Radisson and it's next door. There were probably 10 people diving with us. We had to wait several times for the car to arrive to take us back to our hotel after our dives. That was a bit annoying. However, they were very accommodating when it came to changing up the dives due to weather. They called us in our hotel room to make scheduling changes, and I appreciated that. Other than waiting for the van to take us back from the marina, I was satisfied.

Jane's Sea Wreck was really neat. Didn't get to do the Antilla due to weather. Sponge Reef was a bit boring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom