Aruba to Bonaire Airlines??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_Zoner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
What Airlines fly back and forth from Aruba to Bonaire. Only one I've found is Insel Air.
Any others?

Thanks

Craig

Hey AZ_Zoner, there's also another airline, called DAE (Dutch Antilles Express) you might want to google them... Fly dae or something like that, since I'm a new member with less than 5 posts I cannot give you a link to their site.

Be aware that some of these airlines do not fly after dark.
We wll generally fly a major carrier to Aruba or Curacao and take a jumper.
Only down side is luggage limits. My wife doesn't do the overnight thing if at all possible.

Well I'm from Venezuela (just south of Bonaire) and I've been there a couple of times, and I've flown with DAE, the flight I usually take, gets me to Curacao first, it leaves Caracas at 7 pm, getting to Curacao only takes 45mins from there I take another flight at around 9pm to Bonaire.

So I guess DAE does fly after dark, the plane that gets you from Curacao to Bonaire (and I guess it's the same that gets you from Aruba to Bonaire) is an ATR-45 a medium turboprop airplane.

And from: Bonaire International Airport N.V. - Home
Due to runway renovations, starting on Sunday February 13th until the end of July 2011, Bonaire International Airport will be closed in the evenings during that period. Please check under 'runway renovation times' for the time schedule of closure.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Craig

I just returned from Bonaire and Curacao and used
Insel to fly between the two islands. I honestly would not recommend that airline to anyone. After waiting for over an hour after the posted time for the gate agent to show, we were put on a plane that probably should not have been in the air. Parts were falling off in our hands. We were late leaving and were told that the plane was going through maintenance. In reality the co-pilot had was late getting to the airport. The plane was very warm inside and when we asked for some cool air, the hot air was turned on. I used the plastic coated emergency card to try to keep the heat from coming out the vent but gave up when the plastic melted. After we landed the pilot just laughed. Don't count on getting your luggage when you land either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom