Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in June and agree that Dive Aruba (Dive with Clive) was a good choice. I wasn't very impressed with the diving there (although the Antilles was cool) compared to Bonaire, but that may have been due to the winds that Clive said were unusually strong for that time of year. Clive took me out for two dives when I was the only diver on his boat... and that impressed me!

While in Aruba I stayed at the Wonders Boutique Hotel which was very nice. This is in the "downtown" area well away from the tourist beaches and resorts.

Just got back from Aruba. Based on ScubaBoard recommendations, I dove with Clive (DiveAruba) and I'm glad I did. We dove on a pair of wrecks: the Pedernales and the Antilla and it was an awesome day. Clive is a cool guy and a plain-speaker who meticulously runs his small, privately-owned dive charter. If I am ever back in Aruba, there's no doubt, I'll be diving with him again.

We stayed at the Renaissance Marina, which was an exceptional value (through JetBlue packages). They run a private launch service (every 15 min) to their private island which offers some incredible snorkeling/freediving. We explored a few of the islands most famous beaches, but this little island was easily the best spot, in my opinion.

Red Sail offers shore dives (for like $20) off the island, but unfortunately I was there when the divemaster wasn't. So, I just enjoyed some freediving on nearby reefs and a sunken WWII barge. It was an awesome time.

Back
Top Bottom