Atom 3.0 vs. Atom 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeinLA

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I know there was an old list from Oceanic that lists the upgrades from the Atom 2.0 to the Atom 3.0, but is there a current, definitive list of improvements?

The list of improvements didn't seem terribly impressive, at least to me. I'm considering getting an Atom 2 at the "old-model" prices...? I readily admit that I haven't used the Atom 2.0 so it may be that the improvements are major and worthwhile - please let me know if that's the case and that it would be silly to not get the 3.0!

Lastly, from the few pictures I've seen, it looks like the Atom 3.0 is the same circumference as the Atom 2.0. Does anyone know if it's as "thick"? That was what's been turning me off of the dive-computer-as-watch. But I've decided to just bite the bullet despite the limitations of current technology and buy the Atom 3.0 or the Atom 2.0.

I'm just tired of pulling out my gauges, holding a light, and holding a camera. Yeah. That's kind of old.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

here you go: side by side comparison
Basically the main differences are dual algorithm and deep stop. And the 3.0 comes with a free online class if you register it with Oceanic.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Eh, I got this. It LOOKS GREAT.

Much better than the Atom 2.0. colors are nice, the watch is relatively thin, thinner and lighter than my Casio Frogman, which I thought was much more svelte (at least in appearance) than the Atom 2.0.

Also, the Atom 3.0's sits comfortably against the wrist even tight.

VERY MUCH looking forward to diving with it in a few days. I'm glad I paid the price difference; the subtle changes seem worth it to me.

Alberto, I was just looking at this and saw that in your chart, you have both the 2.0 and 3.0 checked for Ascent Rate Bar Graph. I have the 2.0 and don't think it has the Ascent Rate Bar Graph. Are you sure about that?

...... you have both the 2.0 and 3.0 checked for Ascent Rate Bar Graph. I have the 2.0 and don't think it has the Ascent Rate Bar Graph. .....
You are correct ...... wrong bit set in the database. Now fixed.
Thank you.

I just picked up an Atom 3.0. Dove 8 dives last weekend with it. Rock solid wireless connection, easy to see and has a nice low profile on your wrist; it doesn't bump into everything you're next to. I know 8 dives is not enough to tell how's it's going to roll long term but I like what I see so far.

Just dove with my new atom 3 and its too easy to use, i love the scroll up and down, it was a night dive and light up super well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom