What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What reg set do you lust for?
It doesn’t have to be practical or make sense.

Currently, I have a lot of old Scubapro metal regs and some old conshelfs with metal 2nds.
Those are my workhorse regs.

I used to lust after double hose regs and dived one for quite some time then got over it.
I suppose if I could get my hands on a Royal Aquamaster in perfect divable condition, not converted or molested into something it’s not supposed to be, that would be fun (I’m a purist). That would be pretty lust worthy.
I thought about a Kraken at one point but just wasn’t feeling it.

Lately though I’ve been lusting after poseidons. I don’t know why I just am. Probably because parts are available and they are Swedish, plus they look cool. I heard they are very high quality, reliable, and well thought out.

I used to lust after Atomics, and they are nice regs, but getting parts and hearing about what a PITA they are to fill with goop and what a mess they are, no thanks. If I’m going to dive pistons I’ll just stick to my Scubapro’s.
New Scubapro doesn’t do anything for me nor does any of the newer Apeks knockoff brands available on the internet.

The only other new reg that piques my attention and gives me feelings of regulator lust is a brand new Conshelf 14 with all metal 1085 second stages available only from a commercial supplier. It would be cool to have a classic reg that’s brand new. Plus they are difficult to obtain so this makes me want it even more.

hearing about what a PITA they are to fill with goop and what a mess they are,

This is truly totally not true at all (unless you are all thumbs and work with your feet).

I really like my older Scubapro Mk25s / G250s and have no desire to upgrade or purchase newer regulators. I've tried quite a few newer regulators and always go back to ol' reliable. If I had to purchase a new regulator set, it would be the modern Mk25 with G260.

I am eager to try the zeagle f8 and onyx ii regulatos. I am also waiting for a new regulator from another manufacturer that is supposed to be a "groundbreaking" regulator.

What reg set do you lust for?
... Currently, I have a lot of old Scubapro metal regs and some old conshelfs with metal 2nds.
... Lately though I’ve been lusting after poseidons. I don’t know why I just am. Probably because parts are available and they are Swedish, plus they look cool. I heard they are very high quality, reliable, and well thought out.
@Eric Sedletzky,

A few weeks ago I switched out my old school U.S. Divers solid-bar, single-outlet, J-valve doubles manifold on my baby doubles (LP50's), for my old OMS isolator doubles manifold. I am using the pair of Scubapro Mk 10 1st stages (purchased new ca. 1987) on these doubles that I've been using on my single-tank Y-valve.

I can't imagine wanting any other regulators for this--except, if I ever decide to again dive cave-pumped HP cylinders in very cold water (e.g., Lake Superior), I will switch back in my two Poseidon Odin regs (purchased new ca. 1994) which were designed for this.

My Scubapros have always breathed "better" (to me) than my Poseidons, especially my D400 and G250 second stages, but even my original Balanced Adjustable 2nd stages. And the Scubapros are so reliable and so easy to self-service. (Well, I don't self-service my D400.)

Upshot: I don't lust for any other regs. I love what I have, for the type of diving I do.

rx7diver

I used to really want some MK25 & S600 regulators. Then I got 2 sets (sidemount). I haven't noticed a difference from my much older MK10 & G250 regulators, though I rarely go past 90ft deep, or dive any colder than 55f.

The only real upgrade has been, those regs came with some AI transmitters and cheap dive-watches, and having AI is nice.

I lusted after my MK11T's and now that I have them, I am sated.

For now.

Back
Top Bottom