Atomic 1st Stage vs. Scubapro Mk10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FZJ80

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have spoken to several techs that claim these to be identical. They look the same in pictures, but that dosn't say anything about the internals.

Anybody who has used or seen both, please let me know your impressions of each...

An FYI, I currently dive an M1, so please don't destroy my sensitive feelings.:wink:

I have never worked on an Atomic, but I have seen lots of SP Mk 10 clones around. SP fans hate to hear it, but Tabata actually produced the Mk 10 (and the earlier Mk 5) for Scubapro and after the exclusive rights expired, made them for TUSA (Tabata USA) as well as for other companies. The Mk 10 and the Mk 5 were two of the most copied and license produced first stages in history.

I know the SP Mk 10 and the Tusa version are internally identical right down to their cross referenced part numbers, so I would tend to believe it if several techs are stating the Atomic version is also identical to the Mk 10.

FZJ80:
I have spoken to several techs that claim these to be identical. They look the same in pictures, but that dosn't say anything about the internals.

Anybody who has used or seen both, please let me know your impressions of each...

An FYI, I currently dive an M1, so please don't destroy my sensitive feelings.:wink:

Brandon, Yes they look alike since one of the guys at Atomic came from scubapro. As for the M1 I have 2 of them. the are smokn' but so is the MK25. The M1 is piston which has fewer parts come rebuild time. Only thing to remember though, is that when you flush it out after a dive, leave it pressurized while cleaning it. The seat saving technology that Atomic uses backs the 2nd stage seat away from the seal slightly when there is no pressure. Could be a leak point if you apply alot of water pressure when rinsing it. Also, remember that if you are the original buyer of your Atomic, keep it serviced according to thier service interval 2 yrs or 200 dives., this gets you free parts at service time!!!!! Take your reciept with you!

Thanks for the info sofar. Anyone know the flow rate on the Atomic 1sts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom