Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have another question Ron - can it be configured with Metric measurements too?

I'd prefer it to display pressure in Bar / temp in Celsius than PSI/ degrees f.

Yes it can, see the preferences screen (page 16 of the manual which can be downloaded from Atomic's website).

Osric

Thanks Ron. The main difference in the temperature reading may be due to some lag given the temperature sensor is buried. I noticed the biggest difference on the Blue Hole bounce dive. Also, when the pc interface is available, it may remove my need for the average depth calc if one exists on the pc software.

I have another question Ron - can it be configured with Metric measurements too?

I'd prefer it to display pressure in Bar / temp in Celsius than PSI/ degrees f.

Yes, it can be configured for feet/ meters, psi/bar, °F/ °C, and when you set up a gas mix to accept tank sizes as pressure @ volume or as actual volume. You can set these up in any combination. You can see it here: Cobalt Guide: Settings:preferences

And here: Cobalt Guide: Home

Where did you buy your computer Jim? Is it on general sale in the UK now?

I got mine in orlando, i was living there for a while and bought myself the Atomic as a going away present, i havent seen it in Uk anywhere.

Where did you buy your computer Jim? Is it on general sale in the UK now?

We are still going through the CE certification process, which can be pretty time consuming. We hope to be able to start selling in UK/ Europe before long.

Anyone reading this post with actual experience using this computer care to comment about the digital compass? The digital compass on my Oceanic wrist mount never worked well out of the box; a warranty return claim returned a verdict of "we'll replace but can't find anything wrong." Same result with the replacement. I've seen other guys trying to use digital compasses on other computers also complain...either the bearing is off or they're so sensitive to position changes they drive you nuts trying to keep a steady bearing. How user friendly/accurate is the compass on this model?

Go to the Atomic Cobalt vs Oceanic ProPlus 2.1 thread. The compass is discussed beginning Post 26.

I can't yet vouch for its accuracy, but my Cobalt's compass is way more user friendly than was my Suunto Cobra2's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom