ATOMIC B2 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIREFIGHTER@91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a chance at getting a B2 , At a really low price. Never really looked into atomics as they are out of my price range in general. I hear they are great at depth , but what about cold water dives?

That reg can handle anything you throw at it.

Go for it!!!

the K

I own A/lung Legend and S/pro MK25/S600 regs. Bought a B2 for the wife 3 or 4 years ago. Tried it out several times myself. This is a great reg, flow thru piston design, lots of ports, breaths really well at depth. Can be "environmentally sealed" for cold water dives.

My advice, buy it, don't bother sealing it, enjoy diving with it and you will not be sorry.

Atomic was set up by several designers who left s/pro and they build great regs. I used to sell & service these regs and never heard or had a problem with them.

If its a good deal go for it. Have fun.

Thanks guys...... Yeah checking out my log book in the mid 40s was common in late feb , and this winter I wanted to get more dives in.

I have a chance at getting a B2 , At a really low price. Never really looked into atomics as they are out of my price range in general. I hear they are great at depth , but what about cold water dives?

I have a B2 and an M1. The M1 is sealed and the B2 is not. I regularly dive both of them in temps down 37-38F and neither one has ever frozen. That is not say that they will never freeze. Under the right conditions, it's possible to freeze any reg, sealed or not.

I think it was Soggy that posted this article article on proper cold water preparation. Cold Water Techniques | Thinking Diver

A sealed reg is only 1 small part of the equation. Adiabatic cooling (the cooling that occurs when your breathing gas goes from tank pressure 3000 PSI to working pressure ~140 PSI) will cause a reg to freeze long before the ambient water temp.

Back to the original question... It's a Smoking reg! Buy it if you can get a deal on it.

I love my B2. I attached the B2 second as my bungee'd octo and added the M1 second as primary. I recently dove in SoCal with a bottom temp of 42* and didn't notice a difference between the two except for the exhaust (where your bubbles come from on exhale, don't know the technical terms) is wider on the M1 and so they don't tickle my ears as the B2. Yes, I tested them.

Back
Top Bottom