Atomic frameless mask, is it out yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already looked into it. They're privately held.

[If more folks were aware of the SP Frameless clones they could save some money.

They could save some serious money. Most of these masks are OEM from the same source.

Cynthia,

Good News! The New Atomic Vision mask will be shipping to Atomic Aquatics dealers this week. They should be in stores next week. You can go to the Atomic website at www.atomicaquatics.com dealer section to find your nearest dealer.

Atomic Aquatics does not support internet sales, therfore the mask will not be avaliable on the internet just like all other Atomic Aquatics products.

Thanks
Chad B
Atomic SE Representative

Cynthia Prettyman:
I tried one of these on at the South Florida Dive Show, and it was the most comfortable mask I've ever tried. The rep said they would be available in Jan. 06. Any links to LDS or mail stores that might have them in stock?
Thanks, DMdoogie

I got to try one last week and it was awesome. VERY low profile and a godo fit on my face.

I got a black/black subframe last night, but I have a major cold and can't dive >_<
Darcy from Atomic told me Rx lenses should be available in a few weeks

mdb:
[If more folks were aware of the SP Frameless clones they could save some money.

They could save some serious money. Most of these masks are OEM from the same source.

Yes and no,

I have tried several clones and I now have the Scubapro Frameless (got it 2nd hand) and the apollo frameless. I gotta say you get what you paid for.

First the Scubapro is really heavy, they use a lot more material in the frameless compared to a clone and that makes it a lot more durable, the same is for the Apollo. I'm sure any reputable company would rather make a quality product than a shoddy one that would impact their reputation.

Having said that, I do not discount the fact that some cheapo mask seem to work very well and are just as good as the orginals for the said user.

For me, quality is much more important than saving a few bucks.

Cheers,

SangP

Hoping to get the chance to test out the new atomics masks too LOL!

Thanks to our friends at USAir I was in the market for a new mask. I picked up a black/black frameless Atomic mask from my LDS who was exhibiting at Sea Rovers (Boston) this weekend. Glad they arrived in time for the show. Can't wait to use it. It fit quite well.

My hubbie, who did NOT need a new mask (ahem), also bought one.

Amazon:
My hubbie, who did NOT need a new mask (ahem), also bought one.
As I've pointer out to my DW, the "need" for gadgets and equipment is purely subjective! :D

I just bought the framed version this past Friday -- very nice. Looking forward to getting prescription lenses (pop-ins), which Atomic will start shipping by the end of March.

-Chris

We picked up our new Atomic frameless masks last night. :D The optical quality glass is fantastic!

We both thought that the framed version was extremely well built, but liked the fit on the frameless better. Of course, it all depends on what works for you.

Now we have to decide where to dive next.....................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom