Atomics T2 or B2??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My B2 has about 2 years on it. My buying criteria was easy, smooth breathing; I test-dove all the top end regulators, and chose the B2. The standout reasons:

>Smooth, easy breathing. Like nothing is there.
>The comfort of the 2nd stage swivel. Wow!
>Did I mention easy breathing?

Since then, I've dove the Z2, and actually did notice that the breathing (compared to the B2) was not as smooth, albeit easy. If confronted with a choice now, I would still choose the B2.

As an aside, I just had my B2 serviced by the factory. It came back performing better than before it left! Which tells me I was comparing the Z2 with a reg whose adjustments had drifted a bit.

Although I haven't had the chance to dive the T2 yet, I have hefted it in one hand, with a B2 in the other. The difference in weight is appreciable.

All the best, James

PS: when they say lifetime warranty, they mean it. The LP turret had a couple of flecks of flaking chrome, and they replaced it without my asking for it...no charge.

I use the B2, I like it, and I'd recommend it. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those mentioned...

Good luck deciding

I've got both (B2 and T2). You won't go wrong with either.

Cynthia,

I've been diving a B2 for over 6 years and have never had ANY kind of problem with it. The B2 has made numerous dives below rec depths and in temperatures hovering around the high 30's.

As others have said, it's just a matter of weight for some (and conspicuous consumption status for others).

Look at it this way, if you reduce the weight of the reg you have to add it back to your weight belt.

One concern would be air travel, but then I don't check my regs into weighed baggage, I hand carry them so weight is not a factor.

the K

What is the difference in weight between the two ???

the K

I dunno. Felt like roughly 1 1/2 to 2 pounds difference.

That was with the T2 as a yoke, and my B2 as DIN, BTW.

All the best, James

For what you will pay for a T2 you can buy 2 B2 regs and have a back-up (or second reg for a doubles set up). I have 2 M1 regs (doubles rig), and a B2 (single rig) and can't tell the difference.

I got the B2 a couple of months ago. I used it at Christmas Island for 20 dives and depths up to 110'. That swivel action is nice....I love it.

I dive a Z2 as my primary and a Z1 as my backup. They both breath very nice. Made a switch to a stage today on our safety stop (just for practice) and was shocked at how hard I had to work to breath (older, but well maintened reg on the stage, won't mention the manufacturer here but it was not an Atomic).

Love the Atomics so much that when it's time to purchase a pony, I'll probably look to put the Z1 on the pony, use the Z2 as my backup and purchase an M1 as my primary. :)

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be very happy with any of the Atomic line.

Yours

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom