Attaching a torch/flashlight to your BCD so you can use it but not drop it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a retractor, especially if you are talking about a smallish light. Some things that would have used a couple C-cell batteries. I keep one like that in a BC pocket with the retractor clipped to a d-ring inside the pocket.
This! Got a simple, inexpensive retractor and clipped it to my BCD - made life way more simple.

Several options, much will depend on your set up.

My BC has a pocket with a D-Ring nearby. So, I have a bolt snap with a small section of line attached to the light. Light goes in the pocket, line is small enough to fit under the zipper when the pocket is closed. I attach the bolt snap to the D ring, put the flashlight in the pocket and zip it closed. It's out of the way and secure. I can actually operate the light without removing the bolt snap from the D ring. But if I were to use for a more extended use, then unhooking the bolt snap would be needed.

For a quick peek, you may be able to leave it clipped to the chest D-ring. For longer, a hairband or bungee on your wrist:

View attachment 836859
I've done it exactly like this with the hairband while snorkeling or if my computer is on my left wrist.

The Goodman soft mount at DGX is $10. DGX Soft Handmount

1713286476852.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom