Attaching bolt snap to SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also use a small zip tie, only for SPG. Regulator bolt snaps are on with cave line.

I do the opposite. I'm ok with the spg being on something that needs to be cut to break free, but regs I want on break-aways. I use a DIN o-ring and zip-tie to make a breakaway for the long hose.

I do the opposite. I'm ok with the spg being on something that needs to be cut to break free, but regs I want on break-aways. I use a DIN o-ring and zip-tie to make a breakaway for the long hose.
Good idea, I may have to change mine up!

upload_2016-7-21_15-26-5.png

I'm not as experienced as most on here but I will say I had a zip tie on my long hose and end of a dive noticed my bolt snap was gone. needless to say I will never use zip ties again. #24 line is good. Watch some youtube videos to see how to tie the bolt snaps on

I'm not as experienced as most on here but I will say I had a zip tie on my long hose and end of a dive noticed my bolt snap was gone. needless to say I will never use zip ties again. #24 line is good. Watch some youtube videos to see how to tie the bolt snaps on
My instructor suggests keeping a spare zip tie in my wet notes to replace a falling or broken cave line attachment in a hurry.

You lost a $3.50 bolt snap, big deal. The solution isn't to introduce what could be a dangerous configuration (cave line attached bolt snap to the long hose).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom