August Wrinkles Dive II (Return to Crescent Bay)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anna, I will be making a foray to Deadmans on Wednesday, so I will not get us lost again. I think you just had my head all spun around and I didn't know which way to go :wink:
August 22 is my diving Sunday too! Hopefully we will have as good conditions then.

I was looking at the divebums Marine Room info and here it is:

Option 3: Put on your scuba gear, and go out straight and a bit to the right. Go out about as far as you would go out for La Jolla Shores. Look for a white 5 MPH buoy, and go out about even with the buoy. Drop down into 20 - 30' of water and head west until you hit the canyon. If you then turn left and don't dawdle, you can actually round the corner at the inshore end of the canyon and will end up going back out into the ocean, to surface on the southwest side of the canyon out in the middle of the ocean. If you turn right, you can work your way along the canyon towards the same walls you would encounter doing a La Jolla Shores South Walls dive.

It says go "a bit to the right" which we did not do.... But then it says "Go west" which we did!!! :) I really want to do the marine room canyon... Let me know who's up for a 2nd try!!!

Our group leader tried valiently to lead us to deadman's.... We should have broken up into 2 people teams and each done our own dive plans. The vis was so great though we could dive in a big group like that. I was just there again this afternoon and the vis was DOWN significantly. The swells were big as we kicked out. Hopefully it'll be good for the 22.

Sean

I really want to do the mainre room canyon... Let me know who's up for a 2nd try!!!

Sean

hi sean,
i can dive the marine room canyon on the 15th (6:30am). i'll post again to confirm the time and date on thursday.

jerome

divebuddysean:
Our group leader tried valiently to lead us to deadman's.... We should have broken up into 2 people teams and each done our own dive plans. The vis was so great though we could dive in a big group like that. I was just there again this afternoon and the vis was DOWN significantly. The swells were big as we kicked out. Hopefully it'll be good for the 22.

Sean

He did a great job we were able to see fish and sand and a crab so its not like we didn't see anything....

Sean can you make it out on the 22nd?

Ana

So, same game plan, 07:30 a.m. 22 Aug 2004 at Crecent Bay. Bring 2 tanks and have a great day. Dive deanmans, rest and SI, then dive Seal Rock and lunch. Sounds good to me.

divebuddysean:
I really want to do the mainre room canyon... Let me know who's up for a 2nd try!!! Sean

I'm up for another try! I go back to school starting next week - so I'll have to do evening dives or weekend dives from then on.

Just wondering... Anyone diving the 14,15,16? :eyebrow:

"He did a great job we were able to see fish and sand and a crab so its not like we didn't see anything....

Sean can you make it out on the 22nd?"

This is true. Pasley and I have seen similiar things on a few dives, one at deadmans (or near it) :snorkel: I think 4 others at Cleo St. :) I love that brown nasty sand.

I'll be there the 22nd. I'll make it to lunch this time. Maybe we should order pizzas at the beach ???

Sean

Back
Top Bottom