Aussie Diving 1 to 15 April, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Oh!....here comes the "P" talk...its going to all down hill from here :wink: Nice pics Sas...I dont think I could swim away without getting one of those crustys for lunch.:D
I cant wait to get back down there!

U/O

Hi! How have you been?? Petunia is over your way at the moment actually :)

Yep, when you get back you *have* to dive Phillip Island!

I got out for a night dive last night at Jawbone Marine Sanctuary. Was lovely viz, despite the rain and temperature was 20C. This is a new site to me (only done it once before), we've gained a new buddy to our dive group and he's introducing us to a bunch of sites we haven't done before. Still got a couple more to check out too!

I had my drysuit repaired AGAIN, haven't had a dry dive in a looong time, took it to a new shop this time and YAY I am dry again! I wasn't planning on doing a drysuit dive as I couldn't find my thermals but the drysuit repairer loaned me a set so I got to try proper thermals for the first time too (usually I wear rainbow $20 ones I got from Aussie disposals + tracksuit pants). Very warm and I can keep them over the weekend for my trip to Mt Gambier. :) Anyway if anyone needs drysuit work I really recommend: DKG Drysuit Repairs and Supplies Very happy with service there, as are a few buddies who recommended him.

Here are some photos I took:

Squid attacking me
4499697499_d576a54cb5.jpg

Flathead
4499704011_ce2ca9086c.jpg

Sand Octopus
4499702983_c52d7c4cf9.jpg

Clingfish - these are skittish so really hard to get photos
4499699929_d202c47ac8.jpg

I'm actually overseas 17th-27th April inclusive. How about 1st-2nd May? Oooh, going to be getting cold! Did you see my other post about dry suits? Any recommendations? I'm quite intrigued by The Evolution 3 Front-Entry Drysuit - Abyss Scuba Diving

Yea it is getting cold hey! I think the Evolution suits are good, I think burna has one??

I recommend membrane, front zip if you need to get it on yourself, p-valve, latex seals, socks with boots. Basically most of what my suit does not have :wink:

Anyway 1st or 2nd sounds good.

Yes I have the Evo 2 and am happy with it. It's not a perfect fit for me being off the shelf, but for the price I can't complain. I have only dived one season with it so still have my "L" plates. I'm yet to master the art of venting the air out, mind you, I haven't taken it below 10m yet!! It's pretty tough so you don't have to worry too much about damaging it.

That seems a good price, when I got mine Abyss were offering the suit + temperate undergarment + rockboots for $1400. I got my local dealer to match it.

I'd recommend getting one with socks instead of attached boots, that way when you go back to your wetsuit in summer you can still wear the rockboots and the same fins.

Love the pics Sas

I'm actually overseas 17th-27th April inclusive. How about 1st-2nd May? Oooh, going to be getting cold! Did you see my other post about dry suits? Any recommendations? I'm quite intrigued by The Evolution 3 Front-Entry Drysuit - Abyss Scuba Diving

HI there,

Sounds like you have been able to keep diving.......Bill and I had to be happy with 25 dives in 5 weeks :rofl3:

We have Whites Fusion dry suits - don't know whether you can get them in Aus but they fit really well off the rack. They allow excellent flexibility -I can do a deep knee bend wearing it which I couldn't do in any other suit.

Just my thoughts. :coffee:

Keep in touch and take care! Say hi to Greg

Here's one from a night dive at the Rockingham Wreck Trail we did. Sorry about the piss poor quality, but that's what you get when you can only afford an Intova :wink:

YouTube - Night Dive at Rockingham Wreck Trail

Cheers

No worries, me + petunia have Sony P93s so P&S photos/videos are definitely welcome too here :)

I'll have to watch the video when I get home from work (blocked...:\), sounds interesting :)

HI there,

Sounds like you have been able to keep diving.......Bill and I had to be happy with 25 dives in 5 weeks :rofl3:

We have Whites Fusion dry suits - don't know whether you can get them in Aus but they fit really well off the rack. They allow excellent flexibility -I can do a deep knee bend wearing it which I couldn't do in any other suit.

25 dives in five weeks is a good effort!!!

AFAIK there is no local dealer for Fusions but I have seen one guy with one. Underwater Ogre loaned me his when he visited but unfortunately the neck seal was too big for my pencil neck :( Everyone I know who has one loves them.

Sas is right on as usual...No need to apologise, around here we just enjoy pics and sharing the experience. Bring em on.. we enjoy them all:happywave:

I actually like the effect of your video.. it really gives the "feel" of the night dive.. how fish and objects just appear out of the dark.... how the dive is restricted to the column of your torchlight. The sounds were quite good as well. I wish my camera captured the sound as well as yours!

HI there,

They do list a few dealers in Oz but they're not that convenient for most of us (Dealer Finder Whites Diving - Whites Diving). I've found Bare drysuits are available in Sydney and from what I've read they're pretty good, not cheap though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom