Aussie Diving Dec 2010 Jan 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was actually from November but this is for burna... they are lying in wait 0_0...
5195047830_622990e43c.jpg

You should post the photo so peeps know what you've done!!

You are allowed to look at it when it shows up, how's that?

Yep will post when I'm at a computer next :)

burna looks MAD :D

5403836975_00b8691cdd.jpg

Tks :) Guess what I ordered today!!!!

Armadillo sidemount harness?!?! One of our crew has just ordered one and is very nicely going to let us all borrow it to see if we like them as well.

BTW - love the pics. The one of you sky diving in Ewans was my PC wallpaper in the run up to our trip! Now replaced by the Brisbane team pic in Ewans!

Armadillo sidemount harness?!?! One of our crew has just ordered one and is very nicely going to let us all borrow it to see if we like them as well.

BTW - love the pics. The one of you sky diving in Ewans was my PC wallpaper in the run up to our trip! Now replaced by the Brisbane team pic in Ewans!

Hehe not quite :wink: S95 camera!

I am going to switch to sidemounts this year though, but probably not til after I get back from overseas (to save some cash). Do you have any plans to switch? I find it way more comfortable than backmounts in the water, though they both have their pros/cons.

Yea the Ewens one is my favourite picture of me diving :)

I certainly want to have a good look at sidemount.

I'm a tall bugger at 1.94m and having real trouble trimming back mount twins. Ankle weights aren't the answer and a LOT more diving in them probably is but at the same time seeing our instructor in sidemount in the caves it looked so effortless. And you get to access places you just cant go (or go comfortably) in back mount. Saying that though, watching Tim waddle back from the last pond at Ewans with sidemounts made me gald to have backmount for a change.

I will probably not switch but rather add it to my available gear choices depending on dive. EG deep deco dive in open ocean would be better in backmount for carrying that many tanks.

Jury is out until I try it but open to change - you tried it yet?

I used ankle weights with my old drysuit to trim out. None of my instructors could get me to trim out without them despite all their suggestions and my trim with ankle weights was perfect. So I'd rather be comfortable on a dive than not mocked! :wink:

In my new trilam suit I do not need them however.

Yes I have tried them out, really find them comfortable, but I would use backmount in the ocean. Sidemount just for caves.

I used 2 x 1lb weights taped to each fin to get me through the course. Going to buy or make some ankle weights now if the next trim experiment doesn't work!

Have you got two pockets on your drysuit, one on each leg? You can try popping a weight in there. Easy to dump and no entanglement hazard. Lots of anti-ankle weight people use this method but don't tend to point it out fyi :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom