Aussie Diving - June week 4 (Fri 20th to Thur 26th June)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, what can I say...I don't get enough time in the water! So I took yesterday and today and went out sharking :)

We have whale sharks everywhere - I can barely feel my legs I'm so tired from all the snorkelling I've done...and I sat out a bunch of drops LOL Awesome sharks - big ones, little ones, in-between ones, curious ones, fast ones...we've had it all. Wow, I love doing this!!

The dives have been great,too. Manta rays, really active white tip reefies, turtles everywhere including all the big guys again, stacks of fish and baitfishes covering the ledges. Yesterday we had five enormous roughback rays just lounging around.

While we're on the boat we've had dolphins come to play, humpbacks wandering past, a cute hammerhead just cruisin along, turtles poppin up here there and everywhere, pygmy mantas racing across the surface...

oooo, yes, indeedy, winter is ROCKIN' so far - and the water is still warm at 26C! Some dive sites have dropped to about 24C, though, so I don't expect the really warm water to last long.

Woohoooo! I had a blast!

Me thinks alcina is dreaming ... its one of those "you should have been here last week"

Beautiful pics alcina!

I went down to the Gold Coast again today and did the Seaway. This time did the S-W Wall. We had awesome vis, probably up at 15 m. Plenty of fish life. A lot of juveniles including a juvenile cuttlefish which freaked out when I approached it with my camera and started pulsing black and white with its front tentacle things raised. So cool though. Also found the resident seahorse, lots of little pipefish, an octopus, some puffers and heaps and heaps of other stuff that I don't know the names of.

Photos coming... Camera is just in the rinse tub :)

Back
Top Bottom