Awesome Panama City Dive with Wreck Raiders w/Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, we had four great dives. Saw three sharks, a nurse and 2 Bulls. We saw a huge variety of fish. I even got swarmed by some spanish mackrel while doing my safety stop.

Dude, awesome photos Glen!

There IS hope for good viz this summer!

Do you mind mentioning what wreck that was? One of the photos looks like a span, I just can't recognize the wreck. Feel free to PM, if you don't want to let Rod's secret spots out....he took me to a few choice spots a few weeks back and I got my first snapper! Stand up dude.

Boy was the vis great! I'm itching to get back to PCB around the 4th July weekend for some more diving and now you've made it nearly unbearable to get through these next two weeks of work...

Did you have a layer of silt on the surface to about 20-25 feet, we are seeing that at almost every dive in P'Cola but it normally opens right up. I'm thinking we are getting wash out from the Mississippi due to the West Wind and that may change with some offshore winds like Saturday.

That was my thought when I saw blue water in the prop wash on the way out to the sites. Water was a beautiful emerald green at the pass at Panama City. I sure hope some of that good water heads West to Destin/Pensacola!

There IS hope for good viz this summer!

The first site was one of the bridge spans they sunk in about 100 foot of water. I am going to post a video later tonight that shows the profile of both wrecks. Those who are more familiar with PC wrecks will probably be able to identify them better then me. All I know is we were about 14 miles offshore for the first dive on the bridge span. I only took my camera on two of the four dives which was our first and third dive.

The third dive was "I think" called the Chickasaw?? That was a cool wreck because the hull of the wreck was still visible. Also, it had more Queen Angels then I have ever seen in one spot.

Rod was a great captain. His boat is a little smaller then some, but plenty comfortable for six divers and very fast with two Yamaha 250's for power. I think one of the other sites we dove were the twin barges??? I was having such a good time I missed some of the dive site particulars.

I would strongly recommend Wreck Raiders if you want a boat to put you on some great sites. We will be going out with him again soon. I sure hope these Gulf conditions hang around for a while.

Do you mind mentioning what wreck that was? One of the photos looks like a span, I just can't recognize the wreck. Feel free to PM, if you don't want to let Rod's secret spots out....he took me to a few choice spots a few weeks back and I got my first snapper! Stand up dude.

Boy was the vis great! I'm itching to get back to PCB around the 4th July weekend for some more diving and now you've made it nearly unbearable to get through these next two weeks of work...

You might be right Barry because there was NO silt layer off of PC on Saturday. There were some very distinct thermoclines at about 40 feet. Temps at depth were around 74-76. Our last dive that was closer to shore had the worst viz. of the day, and that viz was around 50 feet. I love making the statement worst viz. was 50 feet!:D

Did you have a layer of silt on the surface to about 20-25 feet, we are seeing that at almost every dive in P'Cola but it normally opens right up. I'm thinking we are getting wash out from the Mississippi due to the West Wind and that may change with some offshore winds like Saturday.

Very nice Glen. Those are some of the best pictures I have seen out of the Gulf lately. Nice viz and such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom