Awesome wreck dive! Would anyone be interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to the Gunilda a couple of times and drove through the area a couple more so I've been in the area a little bit. Schreiber, Marathon, Terrace Bay, Rossport have places to stay. It's a remote area in that there are no big towns around but it's not isolated. There is a lot of recreational activities in the area that support the tourism trade and all the infrastructure that goes with it. Just not diving infrastructure. I've only been in mid to late September so I can say that it is bug free at that time. Can't comment on anything earlier.

Sounds like a very interesting site. Not much about it on the internets. I look forward to seeing any reports, video, and pictures if anyone goes.

so far this is what i have as a working plan ....i have 2 avon rubber rafts , a compressor , generator , gas blending kit (nitrox) , no hotel ....camping ...camera (35 mm film ) available 4 scooters available....the cost i would like to be around 400-500 dollars with unlimited shore diving no cost air , rebreather friendly (maybe rebreather rentals) maybe 1 day charter out of rossport to OUR location at jackfish .......steve

Partial pressure or continuous blender?

I do have a portable Lawrence Factor hyperfilter and digital whip for PP blending. No booster though.

this trip is really coming along , we now have a newly built cabin to stay in ..(right on jackfish bay ) about a 15 min rubber boat ride ! and have a midweek charter to dive a sunken train wreck ..(not virgin but close !!!) i will top off the trip at 8-10 people so get your interest in ,,,,its filling up fast

it would be in 1st or 2nd week of august , the blending is partial pressure , i have portable hyper pure filters ....there also will be portable hot showers ( lake supior can be cold !! ) there will also be a lar v re breather try dives ( time permitting .....)... so its all coming together

i am in the planning stages of this trip and am trying to find out if anyone would be interested ? if you are contact me ...im trying to bring it in at around 500 bucks let me know ....steve

hit Whaleback Barge 115 off Pick Island. You can leave from Neighs Provincial Park, were you can camp and you need a boat zodiac or whaler. Then water is usually clear and the diving much better than the Rap, of course you really should do both wrecks. You have not lived until you shoot the culvert under the railroad track in a rib in spring.

i am making a last call for those interested if i dont get 5-6 people ready to put done a deposit im calling it off .......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom