Babies, Babies, and more babies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow Mike.... what a little cutie!!!! He's HUGE!

Well.......... dont hold out on us, lets have a look at that little....um.... "big" baby..

Hey, Baited Storm, you timed this perfectly for me.

Yep, Samuel Allan arrived on March 28 - 5 weeks and 1 day early. Guess he just couldn't wait to check out the world. He's big for that gestational age - 6 lbs 14 oz at birth, and already starting to regain weight. He's in hospital, but thankfully is only being monitored, and taking his food through a tube in his nose, while we work together on the breastfeeding thing. From what I understand, he's what they call a 'feeder and a grower' - he's just got to get a bit stronger and more mature.

And I mentioned it in Jameson's thread, but I'll say it again - I am in awe of BabyDuck. This hospital stuff is not easy...

Now, all other SB babies must stay put until they're supposed to - that's an order!

My wife and I are expecting our son around July 2nd. This weekend we are heading to Memphis TN to get the 3d/4d sonogram done. I'll be posting the pictures up on one of my sites for family and the same one or a different one for others.

Can't wait to see the lil (prolly big) boy.

Michael

Congrats to all who have just had babies! For those expecting.... I wish you an easy, uneventful, and healthy delivery!

Any word on Kris? Is she laboring yet?

Amberjack... my daughter was 5 1/2 weeks early, born at 5 lbs 3 oz, and we even lost her heartbeat right before the delivery (scheduled c-section, turned emergency). She spent 14 hours in the NICU till her breathing was regulated. She was discharged from the hospital with me, when she was 3 days old... she weighed 4 lbs 12 oz at discharge. The lowest weight that we know of was 4 lbs 8 oz. The Family Doc (2 days after hospital discharge) said if I didn't work in emergency medicine and know what to keep watch on, he would have put her back in the hospital... but all worked out, and she stayed with me! It took her 5 weeks to get back to her birth weight (5 lbs 3 oz). She was in preemie diapers for 8-9 weeks, and preemie clothes for 3 months!! She's 7 now, and a tall 49" and barely squeeks out 49-50 lbs!

So... Amber... what I'm saying is keep your chin up! I'm sure your little bundle will be coming home soon! 6 lbs 14 oz is a GREAT size for being 5 weeks early!

BabyDuck... how early was your little bundle? I don't remember reading anything on here about him... but I have noticed your avatar for some time now. I certainly hope all is well with him! Is he home now? Edit: I just found Jameson's thread... reading it now!

he was 25 3/7 weeks. his thread is his name, jameson karst edwards. he's doing much better now. been in the nicu 17+ weeks now...

BabyDuck:
he was 25 3/7 weeks. his thread is his name, jameson karst edwards. he's doing much better now. been in the nicu 17+ weeks now...

I just finished reading his thread! Wow! You are a VERY strong woman! Jameson is a VERY strong baby! There have been lots of ups and downs, but it's beginning to look like he's evening out, and I'll pray that everything is easy going and he'll be home soon! Stay strong! Many hugs to you!

I'm soo scared that something might happen to my Tanner. I keep praying and hoping that my wife and the baby come home with no problems after the delivery.

First time mom and dad... can you tell? :wink:

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom