Back for a visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dayum! It's good ol' Mike! Sorry to hear about your health. Have you replaced diving with another hobby?
Hey Pete how are ya? Board looks great...big enough to get lost in.

I don't know about "replacing" diving but I was always an angler and a hunter. IMy interest in fishing is really how I got into diving. My wife and I did a bunch of great diving.. We miss it but there's life after diving. Stay well Pete.

Hey Pete how are ya? Board looks great...big enough to get lost in.

I don't know about "replacing" diving but I was always an angler and a hunter. IMy interest in fishing is really how I got into diving. My wife and I did a bunch of great diving.. We miss it but there's life after diving. Stay well Pete.
The board is kinda massive. I bought a house up in N Florida aka Cave Country. I live a few miles from the Suwannee and love it up here. Trying to heal from back surgery, but other than that, I'm good.

The board is kinda massive. I bought a house up in N Florida aka Cave Country. I live a few miles from the Suwannee and love it up here. Trying to heal from back surgery, but other than that, I'm good.
My wife and I used to sometimes stay at Jim Hollis's (sp) which was right on the river. We used to take the kids out snorkeling/free diving in the river. We also used to dive Telford. I love the area. I always thought that I might retire there but...

Not to get morbid but it breaks my heart to hear about TSandM.

I don't know if any of the "old timers" are still here but, please say "Hi".
Great to hear from you. I doubt you remember me, but when I first started on the board you really taught me a lot.

You will be happy to know that all the stuff you were preaching about buoyancy, trim and proper weighting has filtered through to the agencies at least to the extent that they pay lip service to its importance. It hasn't been universally adopted, but it's now possible to find OW classes in most places that teach neutrally buoyant from the start. And the fin pivot has been deprecated :) What hasn't improved is that in-water time is still unreasonably short. Overall class time is much shorter as e-learning has replaced most of the classroom time, the agencies missed a chance to use some of that time to refine in-water skills.

Uncle Pug was my other (unknowing) online mentor. Likewise, his thoughts on the value of taking extra time shallow and doing the final ascent very slowly have filtered into the mainstream.

Great to hear from you. I doubt you remember me, but when I first started on the board you really taught me a lot.

You will be happy to know that all the stuff you were preaching about buoyancy, trim and proper weighting has filtered through to the agencies at least to the extent that they pay lip service to its importance. It hasn't been universally adopted, but it's now possible to find OW classes in most places that teach neutrally buoyant from the start. And the fin pivot has been deprecated :) What hasn't improved is that in-water time is still unreasonably short. Overall class time is much shorter as e-learning has replaced most of the classroom time, the agencies missed a chance to use some of that time to refine in-water skills.

Uncle Pug was my other (unknowing) online mentor. Likewise, his thoughts on the value of taking extra time shallow and doing the final ascent very slowly have filtered into the mainstream..
Good to hear from you too. I learned a lot from Uncle Pug too...mostly having to do with his day job.

I can't remember what his day job was. Are you still shoeing horses?
He's a minister. I don't shoe anymore. The infirmity that got me out of diving put an end to the shoeing also.

Just a few off the top of my head Rick Murcheson (sp?), UnclePug, Walter, Dee, snowbear, Oring, divesherpa...the list goes on I guess.
Which "Dee" are u looking for?

Back
Top Bottom