Back up computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Often said that the best backup to a Perdix is another Perdix. All the same means less grief.

A Teric would also be a good backup and also work well in warmer locations.

Have the same "problem" myself and am keeping an eye out for another second-hand Perdix.

I use two Teric’s I think having the same operation as a plus more along the vein of it being easier to continue diving as simply as possible, I think a Teric would be a great back up to a perdix.

I also got a perdix 2 from the closeout sale and now my perdix AI is my backup. I see no problem.

Same here. I'll be diving a Perdix 2 and a Perdix AI now that I bought one of the discounted Perdix 2s. I also plan to keep my Peregrine which was my former backup.

So to answer the OP, no, I don't think it's overkill or excessive.

Silent explorers , not sure what is still in stock but worth checking.

My buddy bought one of the last Perdix 2 Tis in silver. Currently shows those are out of stock. Looks like there is 1 Perdix 2 Ti in black in stock. Teric is out of stock.

Nothing wrong with a second Shearwater for backup. Most I know run multiple Shearwaters. I use 3.

I recently got a Deep6 Excursion as a backup for my Perdix AI

It matches the dive profile of the Perdix perfectly, at $350 it’s an excellent value
This is what I did. Total cost of all my dc stuff including transmitter was less than $1k.

Plus the D6 computer doubles as a backup flashlight🤣

I just leave that on my ds always. Nice easy inexpensive dc that matches the SW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom