Back up computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with an Aqualung i770 and Oceanic Pro Plus X for the same reasons. Have liveaboards planned.
How do you like the i770? I've been considering one, as i still have the original zoop!

How do you like the i770? I've been considering one, as i still have the original zoop!
Sorry for the delayed response. I am really liking the i770. I’ve got about 40 dives on it so far and really like the display. It’s easy to see and use.

I use a galileo terra a primary and a tec g2 (20 euro second hand) as a backup.
Currently looking for a different set up

I have never understood why people run difference computers as back ups. I have run two computers for years and currently run two Perdix2 AI's.

If youre going to have a back up a clone of your primary seems a more reasonable idea than to have computers with different algo's

I have never understood why people run difference computers as back ups. I have run two computers for years and currently run two Perdix2 AI's.

If youre going to have a back up a clone of your primary seems a more reasonable idea than to have computers with different algo's

Fully agree on algo's. I do doubt that most people are willing to spend the money on 2 Perdix'es in case they ever need a backup though, so with that reasoning an inexpensive slightly annoying, not as great userinterface computer running Buhlmann would suffice. A perdix over here costs half a Redsea liveaboard!

My backup is a simple pressure gauge and an Aqualung 300 in a console. Clips on to my BCD and stays out of the way. I rarely look at the computer but I find myself using the compass on the back all the time. :)

Fully agree on algo's. I do doubt that most people are willing to spend the money on 2 Perdix'es in case they ever need a backup though, so with that reasoning an inexpensive slightly annoying, not as great userinterface computer running Buhlmann would suffice. A perdix over here costs half a Redsea liveaboard!
I think they were about $1500 each plus the Swift's (2 of them) so all in a little under $4500 Canadian with the taxes etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom