Back up computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bungees rock. Those clips are awkward to clip together one handed.

Congrats on the bargain!

On my perdix 2 I never unclip, the straps are elastic so just function like a bungee and slide up arm. Benefit is can adjust based on warm and cold water.

Bungees rock. Those clips are awkward to clip together one handed.

I honestly prefer the elastic straps with clips. I find they hold the computer more firmly on my forearm and allow for easier use. I have a technique I've been using since I bought my first Petrel 1 many years ago that works great. I have no issues getting my computers clipped.

On my perdix 2 I never unclip, the straps are elastic so just function like a bungee and slide up arm. Benefit is can adjust based on warm and cold water.

Interesting idea. Even though I have no issues getting my computers clipped, I may have to give your method a try.

….
It’s a beautiful piece of kit. Now scratch it up and give it some dive boat cred.
Like this? Just superficial on the screen protector - a good reason to use one!

E782691F-32B2-4185-8390-ADB8DC323C90.jpeg

I honestly prefer the elastic straps with clips. I find they hold the computer more firmly on my forearm and allow for easier use. I have a technique I've been using since I bought my first Petrel 1 many years ago that works great. I have no issues getting my computers clipped.

Interesting idea. Even though I have no issues getting my computers clipped, I may have to give your method a try.
I unclip to take it off and stretch it to put it on - easy.

Like this? Just superficial on the screen protector - a good reason to use one!

View attachment 773390

Exactly! Need a few smudges, scratches and knicks otherwise you look like a wanker. The scratches/smudges on the screen protector disappear underwater. You literally do not see them once the screen is submerged.

Exactly! Need a few smudges, scratches and knicks otherwise you look like a wanker. The scratches/smudges on the screen protector disappear underwater. You literally do not see them once the screen is submerged.

I was told the same thing when my revo arrived 2 weeks before my class.

You could always tell the "new guy/greenhorn" on the construction site by his shiny hardhat. As a seasoned guy, if you got a new one, you basically would kick it around the parking lot before work so it blended in...

You could always tell the "new guy/greenhorn" on the construction site by his shiny hardhat. As a seasoned guy, if you got a new one, you basically would kick it around the parking lot before work so it blended in...
Funniest is people woth new overalls, especially if the only worn/dirty spot is on their ass🤭

I've a shiny new Scurion lamp. Too shiny! Needs to be mounted on the helmet and kicked around a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom