Back up computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can scratch them up all you want :) , I use an aluminum protective case and a silicone cover over that to protect mine. I wear one on the left in dive mode and one on the right in gauge mode.

You can scratch them up all you want :) , I use an aluminum protective case and a silicone cover over that to protect mine. I wear one on the left in dive mode and one on the right in gauge mode.

Overkill but we've beaten that dead horse many times. They are your computers. Cover them in bubble wrap too if you like. Makes no difference to anyone else. As long as you're happy.

Overkill but we've beaten that dead horse many times. They are your computers. Cover them in bubble wrap too if you like. Makes no difference to anyone else. As long as you're happy.
I prefer a few layers of packing peanuts and just cellophane it around my arm. I might look like I'm raising my hand the whole dive, but my dc is safe!

I honestly prefer the elastic straps with clips. I find they hold the computer more firmly on my forearm and allow for easier use. I have a technique I've been using since I bought my first Petrel 1 many years ago that works great. I have no issues getting my computers clipped.

Interesting idea. Even though I have no issues getting my computers clipped, I may have to give your method a try.
Does this technique work with gloves on? If so, you'll have to show me. lol

Does this technique work with gloves on? If so, you'll have to show me. lol
Sure does. Dry gloves with thick liners in 40 degree water. That's when I figured out how to do it! I'll show you the next time we dive togetger.

Didn't read the entire thread but........ wife and I both dive Oceanic Pro-Plus 3's QD's that are AI. We also both carry basic wrist pucks as back-up's. If either of our Pro Plus 3's ever fails or malfunctions then the dive is immediately called and we buddy up tight and still have the info provided by the wrist pucks to get is back to the surface. My wife does not dive solo, but I always dive with my back mounted 19ft Pony... whether with my wife or solo. Anyway, that's our agreed plan and what works for us.

i use a terric, aqua lung i770 and now the apple watch ultra. yes, i carry all 3. i wanna try the new apex dsx

i use a terric, aqua lung i770 and now the apple watch ultra. yes, i carry all 3. i wanna try the new apex dsx
Do you set the Teric and Oceanic+ to try to match the Aqua Lung? If yes, what GF high do you use? If not, which computer and setting controls your dive?

Do you set the Teric and Oceanic+ to try to match the Aqua Lung? If yes, what GF high do you use? If not, which computer and setting controls your dive?

The apple watch is set for 50/95. my oceanic+ app hadn’t updated my logs since the end of january. sigh.

I use the teric as my main computer. ai is shared between the i770 and teric. i like the display and compass on the apple watch better.

Back
Top Bottom