Backuplight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gomi_otaku:
OOF! $190 for the PT with the LEd upgrade kit, and you say the Halcyon is expensive in comparison? I just bought two OMS Vegas from Scubatoys, got the discount, and paid less than $150 total with shipping. Yeah, they use CR123A batteries, but since you're not burning your backup all the time, it's not expensive to replace them when needed. Somebody just did a review of backup lights, look a little farther down in the listings.
gomi_

Try again. The price you quoted for the PT is way off. I've seen the Vega. I like the PT much better (better throw and better construction).

The Photon Torpedo LED is $145 to my door. I just bought my lady one.

gomi_otaku:
OOF! $190 for the PT with the LEd upgrade kit, and you say the Halcyon is expensive in comparison? I just bought two OMS Vegas from Scubatoys, got the discount, and paid less than $150 total with shipping. Yeah, they use CR123A batteries, but since you're not burning your backup all the time, it's not expensive to replace them when needed. Somebody just did a review of backup lights, look a little farther down in the listings.
gomi_

You are wrong on the price of a PT LED....it is less that $190...try $138!

The OMS Vegas is to small a light to be practical...pratc. in technical diving.

I have A PT and a regular Scout. Bot are good durable lights, but the PT LED is pretty tough to beat all around. $140 is a little tough to take for a back up, but it is a very nice light.

Anybody use one of the Pelican LED backups? The specs look pretty good, and the price seems really reasonable. Anybody?

Jake

I've had a few pelicans and know a few people who have had them, they make a nice light until they flood, which doesn't take too many dives. Avoid Them.
I currently have scouts (the non-led version) and they're a pretty sweet light, the photon torpedo looks like a good deal though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom