Backward kick issue...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like steel tanks, since I don't have the bouency issue...and it takes away weight.. I will also move my weight belt down a little during the dive if I feel butt-light and up if I feel like I am butt-heavy, maybe that will help? I'm trying to ditch my weight belt though.... you're feet ever get tiered while doing it? I can't back kick at the end of the dive...but that's because it hurts my feet.

Kwbyron:
I like steel tanks, since I don't have the bouency issue...and it takes away weight.. I will also move my weight belt down a little during the dive if I feel butt-light and up if I feel like I am butt-heavy, maybe that will help? I'm trying to ditch my weight belt though.... you're feet ever get tiered while doing it? I can't back kick at the end of the dive...but that's because it hurts my feet.

If weighted correctly, steel or AL tanks ought not matter.
What might matter is the length of the tank (but that's verging on using equipment to fix a skills issue)

AL tanks are longer than certain steel tanks and might balance out better.

quitcherdarnbellyachin. At least you can back kick SOME of the time. Frustrating, really, really frustrating.

fool, dive with somebody with a digital camera that'll do some video. Get them to video you. That was the key for me. Diagnosis was easy, once I could see what I was actually doing.

cool_hardware52:
Bigger tanks, shorter dives? :wink:

I love the bigger tank idea... though I had a hard enough time finding AL80's ... shorter dives... I think not ... I love a good shallow 90 minute dive too much ...

sharky60:
alright! a fellow "JetFinner"!

I don't know, techique looks REAL good!

may just be a bouyancy issue due to less air. you could be causing some "lift" with the kick that doesn't show up until your air is low

I'd love to say it was Tim in the linked video, but I dont think it is :)

yeah - I *wish* that was me in the linked video lol - that was just a demo from 5thd-x for Scuba Brad to show what the goal was...

TSandM just sent me *my* video ... wish I could say I was as eager to post it as it looks pretty pathetic... but hey, what's so bad about a little public humiliation right? :wink:

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/back_kick.wmv

Aloha, Tim

LG Diver:
I have absolutely nothing to contribute, other than to say where else but SB can one use the terms butt-light and butt-high with a straight face :mooner:

Sorry.
:D

Way back, it took me a while to get the coordination down, but felt pretty cool once I did get it. Even now the first movements are awkward, but I do find the rhythm.

Dennis--

Back
Top Bottom