Bad Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just another voice in the choir... my wife and I own mondo Aeris gear (Oceanic sister company), and have have had nothing less then a stellar experience with the gear, authorized LDS I bought it from, and those representing Oceanic/Aeris on here, including Doug, that have gone above and beyond to help and advise...

I'm looking at an upgraded computer right now, and it *will* be an Aeris/Oceanic based on my experience.

Third-coast-dive... I'd take a closer look at the LDS, as well...

Doc Intrepid:
I suspect you will wind up satisfied, and we look forward to your post to that effect.

One would hope he will post his gratitude once the matter is resolved.....but it seems that it is easier to ***** for most people than to give thanks

I'll just pile on here with my history of excellent service from Oceanic. I use their regs (Delta 4 FX10 Octo 180) and their Veo 250 Computer (upgraded from a Veo 100) and mask, and snorkle. Oceanic is readily available in Hawaii. But anyway.... any of my questions or concerns have been dealt with by the factory tech reps quickly and satisfactoriuly. So for what it's worth, Give them a chance to make this good.

FWIW, my wife and I have mostly Oceanic and Aeris equipment (including the Delta 4) and we have had zero problems and are extremely happy with our purchases. We've got about 50 dives on this equipment.

I've never had to deal with Doug or Oceanic/Aeris directly, but their presence on this board seems to be extremely positive.

I'm a very happy customer.

i have always used oceanic regs and find there equipment /service to be A+.

I'm with the consensus here. Oceanic, and the other manuf's on the site, are taking an initiative to get feedback and gain product interest by being on a public forum. They're not utilizing the Funnel Effect to get as many in as possible and hope that a few will remain loyal customers. They're relying on the Tunnel Effect where they allow customers to be drawn to their products and retain nearly all of them as loyal customers by maintaing quality and problem resolution.

This can only be accomplished through continuing research, like the Betaware offered as a demo for us to give feedback on, new products, customer awareness, and problem solving by both the customer and the manuf.

I'm new to the Oceanic line and it will take time for me to become fully immersed in their product line, but I'm seeing features and quality that are well researched and based on customer input. Look at all the features in their new dive computers or better yet, their women's BCDs that have the sliders at the bottom of the shoulder straps to accomodate different bust sizes and comfort.

Sometimes going public with some information is the only way to get the attention of a manufacturer. In diving, it's an issue where product failures with a brand new item can cause extreme levels of legal liability. Of course they will want the issue resolved quickly. Heck, I'd even want the gear back in my manuf. facility to inspect it in the tech shop to see what caused the issue, then discuss it with the LDS that sold the item as well as the customer that purchased it.

I only own an Oceanic compass but as my previously purchased gear is replaced, all will be Oceanic.

I own oceanic gear. I have a probe bc, delta3 w/cdx5, GT3 w/cdx5, Alpha7 w/dx4w/enviro kit. I also have a veo 200 computer. I just bought the GT and the alpha as I'm starting to get into tech and wanted regs I could depend on, get serviced easily, and come with factory support that is second to none. I have recently gone to a BPW as part of this tech path. However I will be using the delta and GT for my doubles along with the cdx5's. Right now I have the delta on the long hose and the GT on a bungee for singles. the alpha is currently set up for ow classes that I assist with. It is coupled with the swivel octo and the navcon boot with an oceanic spg, depth guage and compass. I have had issues with different pieces of gear including mask, drysuit, and little thing like reels, light etc. I have never had a problem with my oceanic gear. I get it serviced regularly, rinse after every trip, and treat it as if my life depended on it(isn't that a novel concept!). I also work for an oceanic dealer. I know first hand the kind of support they provide to their dealers and their customers. I have had email exchanges with doug and cerich. Both on this board and off. Where are the Aqualung and ScubaPro reps? In fact where is the original poster? Purge valve stuck? what was the cause? What did the unnamed LDS say? Who pried what open? Something smells about this whole situation. I have seen time and time again the oceanic reps on this board go way over and above to make things good with their customers even when the LDS was less than helpful. To come on here with both guns blazing and not giving anyone a chance to make things right is pure BS. And it's not just Doug and Cerich. Our rep has at times personally taken care of things when due to miscommunications things got omitted or the wrong item sent to us. And not two weeks or a month later. Most times things are corrected immediately or at the most in a day or two. They are in California we are in Pa. UPS sometimes takes a day or two. If you got your stuff from an authorized dealer and were treated this way this may not bode well for them. I think it's safe to say that oceanic takes a dim view of dealers that give the name a bad rep. Give Doug a chance to make it right. You will probably be surprised at the extent they will go to do it. Buy their products again? I will. And if there's a problem with something I'll give em a chance to make it right before I go ranting about it on a public forum.

Back
Top Bottom