Bad Dive Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKris:
Understand what a die master is. took open water course, 4 dives, next weekend took advanced, maybe 5 dives, then rescue, maybe not even a real dive, a couple of dives with dive classes a nd your a divemaster working for free or free boat trips + tips. Most people tip more at breakfast then they do on the dive boat. In that area they probably don't get a lot of diving in
I think you're talking about PADI Master Diver, which is very different from Divemaster.

ScubaKris:
Understand what a die master is. took open water course, 4 dives, next weekend took advanced, maybe 5 dives, then rescue, maybe not even a real dive, a couple of dives with dive classes a nd your a divemaster working for free or free boat trips + tips. Most people tip more at breakfast then they do on the dive boat. In that area they probably don't get a lot of diving in

Kris, As someone who struggled with my last thing for the DM cert on saturday until I literally cried after my partner at the very end put his mask on upside down,in the equip exchange, I disagree with that. I'll be very proud of diemaster cert when he puts it on rightside up tomorrow night (or I kill him:)). I'm sure it's easier for some other people but I had to work hard. We've been doing it since January, my real life job teaching high school seniors is often easier. I'm sure you're right about the waitress often getting a better tip; I used to do that and I made pretty good money. I had to vent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom