Bad Weekend, and an apology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justin-branam

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
well guys and gals. i came up to austin to get a few dives in at the dam and then i was going to go back to houston for the twin lakes fiasco, that apparently i organized????? anyways on the way to austin, my transmission went out. so not only did i not get to dive travis, but i have to apologize to all who were expecting me at twin lake (sorry dee, maybe christa is there to compare the housings!). anyways, i should be up and running in a week or so (dealerships!! aaahhhh!!). okay. rant off.

Sounds a bit like my luck. I was off to Terrell for the Underwater Poker Run Saturday at Clear Springs when I got stuck in the worst traffic jam I've ever seen on I-30. A mobile home transport tipped over and started a fire that shut down the highway for 3 1/2 hours. Traffic was stopped completely for more than five miles between the Westmoreland/Cockrell Hill exit and Belt Line Road. It was slowing down further on to NW 19th Street in Grand Prairie. I finally gave up, followed some enterprising cars that managed to turn around and follow a construction path back to MacArthur Boulevard and headed back home, thoroughly disappointed. :disappoin

Hi, Justin,
Sorry to hear about the transmission. I spoke to a friend of mine who dove Lake Travis this morning and the water temp was 57 degrees with 5 foot vis. Good luck with the dealerships. I've had that headache before myself.

Justin, nothing to apologize for, we missed you! Donbon had seen your post this morning and told us what had happened. I'm just glad you didn't have an accident or something.

We had a great day! The weather couldn't have been better and I came home with my first sunburn of the year. :D Tony and Brenda came over from LA, it was so good to see them both again. Cudabait came by and his lovely wife showed upo later for lunch. T.P.H. Steve was there, Donbon brought himself and a box of Shipleys...even though I asked him not to! Dana was there when Beast and I arrived. I knew when we saw the 2 surfboards it was either him or some nut hoping for waves on the lake! Keith, from DDN, showed up with his lovely wife, Bianca. It was nice to meet her. She may not dive yet but she's a Swamper! He and I got to talk cameras for a while and he showed me some great DIY projects he's done, which I will be copying!

At the end of the day while Beast and Tony were burning up the last of their tanks, one of the guys who lives at the park asked Bren and I if we were interested in some used gear. Seems he had bought a tub full of stuff at an auction. It was women's gear, belonged to a Kay Beorgner. As we dug through it all, it was all old gear from the early 70's. A steel 72 tank with bright orange boot, hard pack and bright orange webbing, yellow SeaQuest wing, 2pc. bright orange wetsuit...see the trend here? An old Wenoka SS knife in a Dacor scabbord...with an orange handle. The prize of the whole box was the old Scubapro first and second stages, circa 60's. and a pair of original Scubapro Jetfins. An old round mask ala Seahunt/Mike Nelson and a J-style snorkel...Walter would love it! There was also alot of NASDS Instructor manuals and workbooks, instructor and DM slates, and all kinds of paperwork. All the gear had either not been used very much or had been taken very well care of. Tony took pity on the poor guy...and his mother...and bought the whole lot from him.

Today really reminded me of our old days at the lake that first year. Lots of laughing, kidding around, diving, and having fun with your friends. I hope we can do this frequently this summer.

Doug seemed to enjoy the shipley's... didn't here him complain.

Besides -- where am i going to find pickled ginger???

Dana,

I apologize, I got away from Twin Lakes with your blue folding knife. What with all the tending duties and marlinspike assignments I had to fullfill, it ended up in my pocket. Happened somewhwere between the dock and your truck.

Send me a PM and I'll get it to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom