Bali diving - Nusa Penida/Lembongan 2d 6Dives or 1d Nusa 1 day Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's better to be not too confident when diving Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Penida !

Most of the guides are used to slugs, as most of the ops dive in small groups (max 4 divers per guide) in the area, and personnaly - as many guides here - I much prefer slugs than too confident divers doing what they want. Obviously your buddy need to be a slug too :)

Yes i know what you mean about Slugs ! much better and easy to guide a dive ,especially when anything can happen,especially around this area :D and you always give perfect advice on here regarding the area and i agree that staying on Nusa lembongan is much better option and diving with a local guide there and 4 divers to one guide and as always take note of dive briefing.

My meaning sticking to guide like a slug was if it was because you were not confident of your own ability on diving a site or not experienced enough for conditions,if so don't dive it until you feel confident in your ability and gained experience and agree feeling too confident is not a good thing.

With Mola Mola season starting i hope we don't see too many incidents at CB But we will due to above and all the other reasons you mentioned and boats from Sanur

NP has great dives, especially manta point and crystal bay. They also have a lot of other easy dives, remember although Manta Point and Crystal bay are a little protected, you still have to go over open ocean to get there. I dove there a couple of weeks ago and there was 2 meter swells and Manta Point had awful viz because of this. We asked to go to a little bit more protected are and within 10 minutes we had a nice calm drift dive (very little drifiting actually) that was suitable for any diver. Something the OP should also know is that the water can get cold at crystal bay in mola mola season, last year people were recording temps as low as 17 degrees, but its this cold water that brings in the mola mola.

For anybody who stumbles across this thread in a search--in the past week there have been two more deaths at Crystal Bay.

For new divers--please, please don't take any needless risks. Save Crystal Bay and the molas for a time when you are 100% confident of your dive skills.

It's so sad to read about these lives lost and to know that not only the families of the victims but also everybody involved (even the other divers on the boat) are forever marred by senseless tragedy.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom