Bali flight arranged need hotel and diveshop advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit off the scuba topic but I found what I thought is a nice hotel called Tegal Sari in Ubud. has anyone stayed there?? Also, any other hotel recs for Sanur, still haven't decided on sanur or Padangbai. Price range is from $20-$60. Nice pool and clean bali style.

Greetings Jon ,
Bali Diving professional team of dive guides pride themselves on knowing just where to find those unusual and rare marine creatures to make that perfect photo or experience. They enjoy their work and it rubs off, ask their many return customer why they only choose AIR Diving Academy for the best Scuba Diving in Bali. ItÃÔ that their staffs enjoys and have fun showing you why Bali is one of the best but least known Scuba Diving destination in the world.
Contract prass@Balidiving.com

Deep-Blue, why did you post the same exact on three different threads? I'm only looking for recommendations from consumer divers thanks.

I took my non diving girlfriend to Mimpi Menjangan on our second trip to Bali. After 2 days of snorkeling around Menjangan Island she told me she wanted to get certified. We had an instructor there the next morning, extended our stay and she got her certification. You never know. It sure surprised me. It was a great place to get certified, and really nice diving. There isn't anything much else to do up there, but it is a beautiful spot. We moved from there to Tulamben, which has a lot to offer (diving). I would recommend Scuba Seraya over the Mimpi Tulamben. Sanur and Ubud are great for hotels and Bali culture but a long haul for dive destinations. Incidentally my girlfriend (now wife) has 150 dives and has become an excellent dive partner. We just returned from Raja Ampat.

I took my non diving girlfriend to Mimpi Menjangan on our second trip to Bali. After 2 days of snorkeling around Menjangan Island she told me she wanted to get certified. We had an instructor there the next morning, extended our stay and she got her certification. You never know. It sure surprised me. It was a great place to get certified, and really nice diving. There isn't anything much else to do up there, but it is a beautiful spot. We moved from there to Tulamben, which has a lot to offer (diving). I would recommend Scuba Seraya over the Mimpi Tulamben. Sanur and Ubud are great for hotels and Bali culture but a long haul for dive destinations. Incidentally my girlfriend (now wife) has 150 dives and has become an excellent dive partner. We just returned from Raja Ampat.
Hi keptoon,
i am going to bali soon with diving hubby and currently looking for a dive resort - why would you recommend Scuba Seraya over Mimpi Tulamben? we have planned 7 diving days in bali (+ 7 days topside). any other recommendation would be most welcome!
Many Thanks!

Check out Tegal Sari in Ubud. Has a pool, looks out over rice fields, free shuttle to/from town center, which is also a pleasant walk through town. Rated #1 in Ubud at TripAdvisor.com, despite many hotels costing 4-5 times more. Get a room with rice field view. I'd go back in a minute. Note: This place gets booked WAY in advance; if you're interested, do it now.

Welcome to Tegal Sari

Nur Salon on Hanoman is also excellent for massages. Probably about $8/hr.

PM me if you want any more Tegal Sari info.

Last edited:
Answering you scubamiette. I stayed at Mimpi Tulamben after a week at Mimpi Menjangan and their Tulamben operation compared poorly. There is good diving in both areas, better muck in Tulamben. I dove 2 years in a row with Bali Dive Professionals in Sanur and they were great. I highly recommend them for a trip to Nusa Penida if you are there for the mola mola season. In Sanur I have stayed at the Griya Satrian, La Taverna, the Parigata and another across form la Taverna. I liked the Griya the best. I have been four years in a row so you can PM with any other questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom