Bali Komodo Dive Trip questions!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are also doing the Paradise Dancer in late August /September and we are adding on Tulamben at the end. We are staying at Scuba Seraya. I would for sure go to Ubud for the culture! I agree with highdesert about the Tegal Sari. We stayed here after our last Paradise Dancer trip and loved it. It fills up quickly so if you are interested book it now. You will LOVE the PD. I hope Wendy is onboard! She is fabulous and one of the main reasons we are going on that boat for the 3rd time! You will love her and the crew and your amazing rooms! Have a GREAT time!
Ok Thank you! that helps a ton. I think we will go to Tulamben for 4 nights. Then we will head to Kuta, the green garden beach resort looks nice. That is my birthday so we can have fun and then sleep a little longer in the morning with a closer drive to airport!! When we come back then we will head to Ubud for a night!! I think I am finally getting a grasp of what our itinerary might look like. Now if I can just make up my mind about where to stay in Tulamben. Villa Markisa looks pretty nice too.

I still want to venture over to Nusa Lembongan but I guess I will save that for the next trip! :D

We are also doing the Paradise Dancer in late August /September and we are adding on Tulamben at the end. We are staying at Scuba Seraya. I would for sure go to Ubud for the culture! I agree with highdesert about the Tegal Sari. We stayed here after our last Paradise Dancer trip and loved it. It fills up quickly so if you are interested book it now. You will LOVE the PD. I hope Wendy is onboard! She is fabulous and one of the main reasons we are going on that boat for the 3rd time! You will love her and the crew and your amazing rooms! Have a GREAT time!
We are so excited about going on the PD. We are actually doing our first liveaboard in a couple weeks in Belize, but all we can think about is going to Indonesia!!! It is our 20th anniversary so we are leaving the kids home!!! :D Any advise for our trip on the PD?

The Paradise Dancer will be MUCH more stable than the Belize liveaboard.

IF you haven't dove with manta's, move slowly and don't rush toward them. Always do the first morning dives as they usually have best vis. Do not miss the Boo Island Windows dive under any circumstances.

In the monkey forest, remember, the monkey touches you, you don't touch the monkey.

In the monkey forest, remember, the monkey touches you, you don't touch the monkey.

Oh, they are little villains in the ubud monkey forest. First tip: don't take food. They are perfectly happy to physically swarm you and/or steal your bags if they suspect there is food inside them. Second tip: if you get scared and want to make one back off, put your camera down low, flash on, and snap away like you're the paparazzi. It's a non-harmful way (repeated camera flash) to get them to back off if they are being too aggressive and you feel threatened.

There are plenty of them too. We managed to go there between tour buses, so we had the place to ourselves (and the mossies). I think that was much better than in the middle of a couple busloads of tourists inciting them, but it's just chance that it happened that way. I never intended to go but our guide took us and it was interesting to see them. I'll take your tip about the flash but after seeing those teeth on something that can run up your arm quicker than you can say Jack Robinson, I'd be "Yes, sir, Mr Top Monkey, sir, here is my food. " if they pressed the issue. :D

No advice except to totally enjoy your vacation! We did a LOB in Belize but although very nice , there is no comparison to the Dewi Nusantara!( PD) You will have an amazing time! As I said before, Wendy is awesome and so is Yan. Hendrichs ( the chief steward) is also wonderful along with the whole crew. We did another boat in Raja Ampjat and it was so disappointing compared to the PD. We even ran into them in Misool and we boarded the PD for a short visit. I could have cried that we were not on the PD and it was hard going back to our boat! Have an amazing time!
p.s.- I agree . Be careful in the Monkey Forest! The only thing I had was a bottle of water and they stole that from me! Scary!
We are so excited about going on the PD. We are actually doing our first liveaboard in a couple weeks in Belize, but all we can think about is going to Indonesia!!! It is our 20th anniversary so we are leaving the kids home!!! :D Any advise for our trip on the PD?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Where did you decide to stay in Tulamben? ( Villa Markisa or Scuba Seraya)

Monkeys are monkeys, anywhere in the world. Bali is unique for the art and sculpture; I think this is the highlight of the Monkey Forest, IMHO ...

Attachments

• 1 (38).jpg
    1 (38).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 163
or water bottles! If you go to Scuba Seraya you will have to let me know what you think!
I am leaning towards Scuba Seraya. :) I don't know if we will visit the monkeys...... but if we do.... no food!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom