Bare CD4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^*^BATMAN^*^

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know much about this dry suit, i am looking at getting it, and me LDS said he could get it for a little more than 1100 CDN. Is this a good, deal, and also how is the suit in general??

You should also look at the Bare XCD2Pro. I am more than pleased that I went with the XCD2 instead of the CD4. My buddy dives with a full thickness neo dry suit and he sweats bullets. I am more than comfortable in my compressed neo suit. Varying the underwear is great and increases the versatility of the outfit. Compare at your LDS and compare prices. If S2K is still offering their sale, the XCD2 was around $1120 ++. Also - I'd recommend the soft sole boots with Trek boots!

Just bought 2 CD4's from Divetank.com for my wife and I.

I've only had a chance to use the suit once so far, but no complaints.

^*^BATMAN^*^:
anyone know much about this dry suit, i am looking at getting it, and me LDS said he could get it for a little more than 1100 CDN. Is this a good, deal, and also how is the suit in general??

From what I've heard, the CD4 is quite heavy. My XCD2 Pro is pretty stout itself. I bought mine from Divetank.com for about $800 US with drygloves and the fixed boot which I like because there is no compression on my feet and I can wear normal socks and still stay warm.

cdoyal:
From what I've heard, the CD4 is quite heavy. My XCD2 Pro is pretty stout itself. I bought mine from Divetank.com for about $800 US with drygloves and the fixed boot which I like because there is no compression on my feet and I can wear normal socks and still stay warm.

I got fixed boots on my CD4's I got from DT also. I didn't want to deal with soft boots. I did not go with dry gloves. I didn't think it was needed. Sometimes I thinking when getting all my crap on to go in the water that dry gloves would just be another complication. I seem to buy a new piece of equipment every months which adds to the complication. :wink:

I have a brand new CD4 size MT that I will never use in Florida. I'm just going to eBay it one of these days or sell it on The Deco Stop. It's beautifully made, but I'd have to too far north to use it. For use in Canada, it would be great.

hidiver1:
I have a brand new CD4 size MT that I will never use in Florida. I'm just going to eBay it one of these days or sell it on The Deco Stop. It's beautifully made, but I'd have to too far north to use it. For use in Canada, it would be great.

Did you live up north or something when you got it?

Nope - I thought I was going to do some colder diving in Washington state. It's just not going to happen. In the winter in Florida on night dives, I'm going to a trilam suit. It's just too cold between dives some nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom